Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Low Rider Windshield Recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 11:05 PM
dcrowley
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna Low Rider Windshield Recommendations

I'm a new Harley Owner and am interested in thoughts on which windshields work well on a 2006 Dyna Low Rider. I bought my bike with an HD touring windshield which got trashed when I dumped my bike last week (OUCH!). I rode the bike home without a windshield and discovered that it was a MUCH nicer ride without the windshield at speeds of less than 50. I have to believe that there's a smaller/more aerodynamic windshield out there that will give me better protection than my last one. The last one was quite upright and not adjustable and I suffered through quite a bit of buffeting and turbulance, even at slower speeds. FYI, I am 5'5" tall if that makes a difference.

Does anyone have any wisdom to share with me?

Old 06-29-2006, 12:28 PM
grape ape
Tourer
Default RE: Dyna Low Rider Windshield Recommendations

I have the HD quick detach super sport windshield on my Street Bob. It curves in a little and hugs the bike more than the other HD windshields, but still has about the same height. There is not much room for adjustment with this shield either, but the buffeting is minimal. I mostly notice it around the lower part of my face and nose if I notice it at all. I am 5/5" also by the way.

Old 06-29-2006, 12:54 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HD standard height clear on my streetbob. It's the quick detach and has a little adjustment room up and down on the forks. As far as wind buffeting I don't think their is any magic windshield that will eliminate all wind. Mine is definitely more comfortable with than without. You'll be amazed at what a good pair of riding goggles and ear plugs will do for you though.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

5'6 or 5'7, i seem to be shrinking every year.
I have the HD quick detach low profile. Works great for me but I do get the wind underneath. From what i've read here i don't think you can stop that without other stuff like vests or lower guards. It slant's in some and directs the wind over my head just right. I can see over the top which is what i like. Just an inch or two height adjustment on the forks can make a big difference from catching the wind in your face to it going over your head. It's in the pic below but may be hard to see.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:48 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

I'm 6'2 and have the quick-off. Works for me. You could try a Windvest shorty if non-HD parts are not a prob for you.

Old 06-29-2006, 02:52 PM
smokermike
Cruiser

I have a memphis shades Deamon an for warmer weather I have a windvest im 5'9" both are great

Old 06-29-2006, 03:32 PM
DelcoDyna
Cruiser

Any windshield will produce a low pressure zone behind the shield. Air will come in to equalize the pressure differential (usually from the bottom). That's what causes buffeting and turbulance.

Personally, I don't use a shield - I like the taste of bugs.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:10 PM
jt1965
Road Captain

I am 5'8" and have the standard height on my lowrider. I take it off if I am just tooling around town. But for the commutes I have it on. It does buffet from below quite a bit but if I put my feet straight out it seems to block a lot of it.

I would ride without it but the bugs are making me get fat.