Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what cams?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 07:12 PM
arnold
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moosh
Yes indeed-thanks.
Actually the andrews 21 either chain or gear look interesting.
"more torque for all around riding with heavy bikes, intended for stock compression ratio and pistons. Similar to #23 cam in EV80. (1700-4800 RPM).
That rpm range appeals to me more than the 37 (2200-5600 RPM) Bob may not be considered a "heavy" bike but I want more low end torque for when I pack up the ole lady and fill the bags and tie down most every possession (it seems). It really does fine on the hwy on road trips but packing two up and wanting to ***** n git off the line is a little week, the pully should help there too.

Originally Posted by paul s
I'm running the 37's without headwork, I was thinking I might have been better with the 26's but that changed after I regeared with the 30T pully. I'm very happy with how my bike runs but I do plan on a 103 w/headwork in the near future.
Im also interested in the 30 tooth pulley, can you tell me more about instalation? Or did you have it done?

Originally Posted by JRK5892
why no headwork? if you are going to do it do it right bud, it is an extra 600 for good head work done. Hell Chad has had my Cams for almost 3 months now, i am waiting till i can pop the extra $ for the heads to get the full benifit out of the cams... i am a big fan of do it right, do it once!
Im kind of an incremental sort of guy, I dont want more than I need and just the right cam and pulley might be all I need. I don't need to burn the barn down, I have already hit 125 with the ole lady on the back and felt like I had a good deal more. Im looking for a strong ride for two up and general ride-ability, I can do the head work next yr if Im not satisfied, as it is I stil want the True-Track or Sputh(spelling?) and the Ricor Intiminators so I have to bo one step (or maybe 1 1/2) at a time

Originally Posted by OldFenderGuy
I was running the SE204 cams in my 1550 WG, and the performance was excellent. Nice thing about the 204's is almost a 'drop in' application that works very well with stock heads, compression and valve springs. From what I recall peak horsepower was in the 5,700 RPM range. I believe the spec's for the SE204's are 508/508 on the lift, and 236/240 duration.
Interesting, do you know what the intake valves close at? (204)
I'm reading and doing homework to pick my cams, you guys are helpful to say the least, I'm not real cam savy but I try to pay attention.
Thanks for the replies

Last edited by arnold; 11-18-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:22 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the 26 in a stock bike will work wonders

Old 11-18-2009, 07:26 PM
patriotmc
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Se 255

You might want to consider the SE 255's. Several us on the forums have installed these cams. They provide a nice flat torque increase from under 2000 and peak about 3200 RPM. So the gained power increase is in a very usable range. I gained a solid 10 ft/lbs and 10 hp when I put them in (already had A/C, pipes and SERT). I also got a tune. You probably won't realize all the increase if you just get a canned download. iclick did his and used his FuelMoto with autotune I think... he didn't have it dyno'ed but said he feels the increase.

Do a search on SE 255 for lot's more info and how to install yourself. These cams are standard on the 103 KIT and SEs. Some people opt to change to a more aggressive cam since they do some head work to increase compression, so you can sometimes pick up a used set on ebay or at your Harley dealer. I got mine from my HD owner who upgraded his 110 KIT cams (only 2300 miles on them).

Old 11-18-2009, 07:44 PM
arnold
Road Master

Originally Posted by patriotmc
You might want to consider the SE 255's. Several us on the forums have installed these cams. They provide a nice flat torque increase from under 2000 and peak about 3200 RPM. So the gained power increase is in a very usable range. I gained a solid 10 ft/lbs and 10 hp when I put them in (already had A/C, pipes and SERT). I also got a tune. You probably won't realize all the increase if you just get a canned download. iclick did his and used his FuelMoto with autotune I think... he didn't have it dyno'ed but said he feels the increase.

Do a search on SE 255 for lot's more info and how to install yourself. These cams are standard on the 103 KIT and SEs. Some people opt to change to a more aggressive cam since they do some head work to increase compression, so you can sometimes pick up a used set on ebay or at your Harley dealer. I got mine from my HD owner who upgraded his 110 KIT cams (only 2300 miles on them).
That may be an option I need to look up the full stats on them

Old 11-18-2009, 08:42 PM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by arnold
That may be an option I need to look up the full stats on them

The SE 255's are a very good cam if you are looking for a lot of 'low end grunt'..

They have a pretty high lift of 550, and duration of 211/235.

Old 11-18-2009, 10:25 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

26's, 37's & TW-6-6's are all great sets...26's for stocker & nothing else...37's & TW-6-6's for stocker with power kicked upward in the band or great torque & mid cams with some headwork! It's all where ya want the juice & don't kid yourself!

Old 11-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

prodgrag 1320 made a good point about not needing a cam that delivers more low-end torque on a lighter bike (i.e. Dyna). So if you have a Dyna, you may want a cam that delivers more mid-range - high-end torque.

Old 11-19-2009, 02:05 PM
arnold
Road Master

Originally Posted by Tony P
prodgrag 1320 made a good point about not needing a cam that delivers more low-end torque on a lighter bike (i.e. Dyna). So if you have a Dyna, you may want a cam that delivers more mid-range - high-end torque.
Yeah I realize that, the fat bob is around 720 lb unloaded, with the old lady bags windshield and all my road goodies tagged on we are looking at around 5 or 6 hundred lb on board, and that was what I was looking at the Andrews 21 for. If you have any suggestions I would gladly put it in my hat to consider I'm a month away from making a final decision. Im still considering the 37 as well.
Thanks

Old 11-19-2009, 02:23 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The 07,08's have 32/66 pulleys, they went up 2 in the rear 32/68 in 09. I did the 30T swap and I felt it"SOP"more than my cams, I'm looking for an 09 68T rear now. For what you're looking for I would put my money on a regear first.

Old 11-19-2009, 03:25 PM
arnold
Road Master

Originally Posted by paul s
The 07,08's have 32/66 pulleys, they went up 2 in the rear 32/68 in 09. I did the 30T swap and I felt it"SOP"more than my cams, I'm looking for an 09 68T rear now. For what you're looking for I would put my money on a regear first.
I would be interested in the rear pully, wonder what a new one cost?

Quick Reply: what cams?