Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 08:13 AM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Helps control fore and aft engine movement. Mounts to front motor mount on all Dyna Glide models from 1991 to present.
What the heck does it mean when it says fore and aft movement?! lol I have no clue what they are talking about there.

And once someone explains that, why would this help with the motor mounts longetivity?

Old 02-18-2010, 09:10 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AdrianVall
What the heck does it mean when it says fore and aft movement?! lol I have no clue what they are talking about there.

And once someone explains that, why would this help with the motor mounts longetivity?
A Dyna engine/gearbox is mounted into the frame on rubber mounts. The rear wheel and swingarm are mounted off the gearbox. The only thing that keeps the rear wheel in alignment with the rest of the bike is those two rubber mounts. They ain't perfect and have a degree of 'give' in them.

I personally am more concerned with sideways movement rather than fore and aft. Imagine that as you ride round a bend, the back wheel is pushing sideways on those mounts.

A TrueTrack kit provides the two mounts with stabilizer links that prevent them moving sideways. It doesn't provide any fore and aft support. Bike tracks true and rides and handles far better than stock, even in a straight line, say on a bumpy back road.

Rubber mounts, supported by the stabilizer links, have less strain on them, so should last longer. I have had a TT kit on my Dyna for two years now, although don't do a high mileage so can't comment on a real improvement in longevity. But I am still enjoying the better ride!

Hope that helps!

Old 02-18-2010, 10:29 AM
yso191
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AdrianVall

Fore and aft are old sailing terms. Fore is foreward, aft is back.

Steve

Old 06-10-2012, 06:18 AM
Wobbleglide
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ride a 2009 FXDC. I have to change the front motor mount about as often as I change the oil, the rear needs to be changed every other time. Shimming has helped some but is not the total solution if you ride hard. I will be installing a True Track soon. Front wheel bearings went at about 21k also due to a bad hub spacer that the factory deemed ok to install. I was of the opinion that the ends of the spacer should be parallel, apparently the MOCO feels different.

Old 06-10-2012, 06:27 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Wobbleglide
I will be installing a True Track soon.
I fitted one to my FXDXT. Transformed it! Even riding in a straight line the bike steered better and felt much more precise in how it behaved, so a wise move. I can't say if it will improve the life off your rubber mounts, but the stabilizers will take lateral loads off them, so there is a real possibility you will be much better off.