Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RSD Nostalgic Velocity Stack

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 03:57 PM
MARCUS 79
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSD Nostalgic Velocity Stack

I was searching for an air cleaner to install on the 2010 street bob for stage 1 and came across this RSD Nostalgic Velocity stack. I like it and looks cool but I wonder what is this used for exactly because I did not see any bike with these fitted on the forum. Does anyone have any technical idea about these and their use? do they fit to the 2010 Street Bob? Does this thing act as a high flow filter? Appreciate any comments...

Attached Thumbnails RSD Nostalgic Velocity Stack-rsd-nostalgic-velocity-stack.jpg  

Last edited by MARCUS 79; 01-19-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:08 PM
08fxdf43202
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by nightster666
I was searching for an air cleaner to install on the 2010 street bob for stage 1 and came across this RSD Nostalgic Velocity stack. I like it and looks cool but I wonder what is this used for exactly because I did not see any bike with these fitted on the forum. Does anyone have any technical idea about these and their use? do they fit to the 2010 Street Bob? Does this thing act as a high flow filter? Appreciate any comments...
I think they're used for sucking air into the engine...
and, I'm certain they suck the cash out of your pocket!

Have you checked the price on one...
that's why you'll never see one on my Dyna!

Old 01-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Brooklyn Devil Dog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Velocity stacks look great but if you're gonna run them on the street, plan on rebuilding your engine every year. They're mainly for high-performance track applications.

Old 01-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Muddyape
Road Master

certainly nice stuff but i got issues with RSD plastered all over everything, christ my Harley doesnt say "harley" anywhere. I wrestled with the idea of buying one a few years ago but like mentioned above not real good for the engine with alot of street use. Plus for the money there's alot of nice stuff out there for less.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:17 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

High flow? Yes
Filter? No
It will work on your 10' Bob and installs in place of the stock unit.
You can coat the inside with some vasaline and that will get some of the dirt but not enough to protect your engine properly.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:33 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I think that this particular one and a few others have some limited filtration ... vice an open 'trumpet bell' like the true "velocity stacks" ....

You can see that it has a screen and there is most likely a foam 'filter' behind the screen to keep the big stuff out of the intake ....

That said, I understand RSD is really pricey stuff ... I never realized until recently that Roland Sands was the son of the founder of Performance Machine (Perry Sands) ... I don't think PM is exactly giving stuff away either ....

But, you gotta make money some how ... and if it's made in the USA it will appeal to a lot of guys who'd rather not send their hard-earned cash to another continent ....

I think that RSD (and PM) has a bunch of really cool stuff ... outta my price range, but cool nonetheless ....

R/
'Chop

DISCLAIMER - I don't know ***** about RSD so-called "velocity stacks" and never cared enough to look it up ... anyone paying attention to my input on this subject be forewarned ... whatever, dude.

Last edited by SURFOR Chop; 01-20-2010 at 06:03 PM. Reason: blah blah blah
Old 01-19-2010, 09:30 PM
Brooklyn Devil Dog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...and there is most likely a foam 'filter' behind the screen, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah
Thanks for playing, but NO, there is no foam filter behind the screen (did you even bother to check the RSD website to confirm this? That was rhetorical, I know you didn't, but I did.). Besides, what would be the sense of a velocity stack with a screen AND foam filter???

And who's the chucklehead who suggested coating the insides with vasoline? Wouldn't want you working on anything I own. Bet your hammers see a lot of use.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

if you want something similar, check out wimmer's velocity stacks.

you can pretty much build your own from a bunch of options they have, and they're a lot cheaper. plus their stacks come with a filter inside.

i ordered a wimmer mini-max intake, but was considering a short stack instead.

worth a look

Old 01-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Live2rideUtah
Tourer

Cool looking, pricey, not the best for the motor. RSD stuff is cool, but it is showing up everywhere, and that makes sense with the PM stuff now looking like RSD, and the price wasnt too far off.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:37 AM
MARCUS 79
Tourer

The Nostalgic Filter costs 370USD, but if its not good for a normal use as said earlier in this thread, then its not worth installing. Wanted to mention that the new 'Screaming Eagle Ventilator' costs 240USD and the Screaming Eagle Heavy Breather costs 300USD. So I saw another option from RSD as the attached picture. This is still an RSD filter and looks cool too and it costs 420USD. What do you think about this guys?

Attached Thumbnails RSD Nostalgic Velocity Stack-rsd-venturi-air-cleaner.jpg  

Last edited by MARCUS 79; 01-20-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: RSD Nostalgic Velocity Stack