Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marvel Mystery Oil

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 03:13 PM
mikeault
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Marvel Mystery Oil

Okay, the bob has some carbon build up and it's making her ping. I bought a bottle of mystery oil. How much can I put in to blow that **** out of there? The bottle says 4oz/10gal. Which would be 2oz/tank for me, but I want to alleviate the ping asap (to see if that's my only problem) so can I go a little more liberal with the oil? I've heard of guys dumping the stuff right into the cylinder, so I'm thinking...

Hypothetically doesn't mean much here. I'd like to hear from someone who's used a high ratio before or can verify that the recommended dosage is all I need.

Thanks boys.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:17 PM
Topspin
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry I can't help... but I use 3 oz. of Techron every 1000 and never had any pinging.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:31 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Seafoam is a little better. Pour some, per instructions into the chamber. Let sit for a lilttle while and then fire it up.

You think the pinging is from carbon build up? Don't you think all internal combustion engines would ping if that were the case? Did you get some bad gas maybe? Check your spark plugs?

Old 06-12-2010, 03:32 PM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

get it tuned

Old 06-12-2010, 03:42 PM
DCLXVI
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I use it every tankful and my plugs and pistons stay clean. I've looked in there with a bore scope. As far as ratio I just pour some in there, maybe 2-4 oz. I just eyeball it out of the bottle so I guess the ratio is not all that important. I use it mainly for the top cyl lube but it does stay clean. I also drive mainly at highway speeds and I don't baby the engine so that may be what's keeping it carbon free.

Old 06-12-2010, 05:24 PM
mikeault
Tourer

Don, I'll be upgrading to a PCIII in a few weeks and getting rid of this p.o.s. fuelpak (that worked great until I installed the Rinehart). In the meantime I have a quart of mystery oil I'm going to run through.
DCLXVI, I appreciate it, I'll be dumping some in tonight.

Old 06-12-2010, 10:13 PM
bigdork
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in the day when I worked on cars we used a product called 44k made by a company called BG. It is the exact detergent used by the gas companies. The reason they call it 44k is because the gas companies use one can (11oz.) for every 44k gallons of gas. If you could find someone who sells it you can add it to your fuel and have no problems with any electronics/ fuel system items. Best way to use it is out on the interstate where you can really get the engine up to opperating temp. I would add about 1/4 can to your tank and run it about 150 miles and you should see your problem fixed.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:46 AM
bklynbob
Grand HDF Member
Received 530 Likes on 376 Posts
Old 06-13-2010, 06:25 AM
goblin127
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with longhair,seafoam is the way to go.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:02 AM
Taddeoeg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

2 oz MMO mixed with 2 oz Berryman's Carb Cleaner in a full tank of gas. Run that about 3 tanks then go back to straight gas. Repeat as needed depending on your riding style, miles, etc.

Quick Reply: Marvel Mystery Oil