Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why not Screamin Eagle

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 08:41 PM
iwant1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why not Screamin Eagle

ORIGINAL: jkenosh

i installed a screaming eagle 211 cam in my stock 2006 88 and it really woke it up, but it says on the box for off-road use only not emissions legal,
Cool

Did you have to get a download or anything else or is completely stock otherwise ?

Old 08-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member

I went SE and am more than satisfied with the improved HP and torque. Could someone else get more out of it- sure they could, lots more.
But, and this was important to me, i still have a dealer that will honor my warranty since they did the work using SE parts and the build is mild enough to not endanger the longevity of the motor.

Old 10-02-2007, 04:43 PM
FXDLBill
Novice

Did the 95 HTCC Stage II build right out of the SE catolog. 105 hp @ 6000 and 103 ftlb tq at 4500. This is a sweet build, very controlable and FAST! Smooth power curve with no dips!

The dealer was running a special. $4200 for everything! Other builds were running about $5000 just for parts.

I highly recommend this build

Old 10-02-2007, 05:28 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM BUT THEY ARE NOT VERY LOUD IF THATS WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR

Old 10-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Trotter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FXDLBill ....Good Choice that is a good build and very dependable.. Try a Thunderheader and watch yertorque numbers improve.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:59 PM
fr21555
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've got a number of SE products inmy Evo and have had no problem with them or their performance. The H-DSEvs. aftermarket argument may have some merit on certain parts but I've also heard for years that some SE products are made for H-D by others. For example, I have been told on several occasions that Andrews makes many of the cams sold as SE. Not sure if it's true but I could understand why H-D might go that route. It's cheaper to buy technologies sometimes in an effort to get to market faster and save R&D costs.

The one thing I have found with SE stuff is that if you buy motor parts to increase performance, they do seem to work better together than one piece from one source and another part from a different one. There's so much good stuff out there now that you're pretty much guaranteed to get good value for the money you spend. The crap stuff doesn't last in the marketplace once people find out it sucks.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:21 PM
GaryInSanDiego
Cruiser

15K on a SE build (95kit, performance heads, slipons, and air cleaner) on my 05 lowrider. Very happywith no problems and uses pump gas without pinging. BTW, some SE parts are EPA approved and some aren't ("racing applications only"). Mine aren't, but the dealer didn't care; he installed them anyway and did a good job. You won't hear any SE bashing from me.

Gary

Old 10-03-2007, 11:03 AM
sintax
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only real SE experience I have on my 2006 Street Bob is the Stage I and SE II slip-ons. The SE II slip-ons were a nice upgrade from the stock, BUT I really didn't enjoy them (sound AND performance) until I replaced the baffles with a set of Big City Thunders. The SE Air Cleaner that came with the Stage I was a piece of junk (at least in my opinion since I am running it exposed) so I swapped that out with a K&N filter.

So I am really not sure what I have left of SE with the exception of my slip-ons and perhaps the bracket that the air filter bolts on too.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:44 PM
FXDLBill
Novice

As far as I know K&N makes the filters for SE. I could be wrong.........

I am running the air filter open also (no football). I had it back on the dyno again and its running just over 106 ft lbs Tq. Its not a race bike, but thats not what I wanted. I wanted street performance and thats what I got. Power delivery is smooth and predictable. Its not terrably loud, runs on 92 octain, smooth idle, starts consistantly, no pinging and did I mention that I like it!?

Old 11-20-2007, 05:10 PM
07fxdwg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Keith_H

I went SE and am more than satisfied with the improved HP and torque. Could someone else get more out of it- sure they could, lots more.
But, and this was important to me, i still have a dealer that will honor my warranty since they did the work using SE parts and the build is mild enough to not endanger the longevity of the motor.
Ditto. Plus I like the "stealth" look of my ported stock heads. Turns some heads when it starts up. With the Big City Thunder baffles it sounds like its breathing fire.

Quick Reply: Why not Screamin Eagle