Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Work S$S or Headquarters

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:59 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

OK; so here's the dyno on my HQ build...your results may vary, as they say, but notice the torque at 2200 rpm...that's a fun build...

Attached Thumbnails Engine Work S$S or Headquarters-103-dyno-e-mail.jpg  
Old 10-05-2010, 08:47 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharkey
OK; so here's the dyno on my HQ build...your results may vary, as they say, but notice the torque at 2200 rpm...that's a fun build...
Thats nice bro exactly what I am looking for... How much was the HQ kit with everything, I wonder if I can see the same type of numbers with the S&S kit..

Old 10-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Los11
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jaysonL
Fuel Moto has a nice 107" kit . They have a thread in the bagger section on it . Perhaps you could look that up , maybe something you'd be interested in . Also...you'll lose some performance with those pipes .
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...fuel-moto.html
Hey thanks for the link brotha.... Yeah I know on the pipes but I am just not a 2-1 exhaust guy with the baffles the shorts shots arent that bad performance wise but yeah your right a thunderheader would give me max HP.....

Old 10-05-2010, 08:55 PM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I would go with HQ. Off the shelf parts never seem to perform as well as a good hand job!

Old 10-05-2010, 11:02 PM
sharkey
Grand HDF Member
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Incidentally; I'm running 2" 2-2 Cycle Shacks on my 103; see NO advantage to getting a 2-1 and don't like the looks of 'em either...I offered to let a couple of shops "try" any 2-1 on but they'd have to take 'em back off if there was no significant increase in HP/TQ over my pipes. Neither shop has taken me up on the offer.....one builder told me he figured 2-2 were better on bigger builds. As far as prices, that build was done a few years ago and included their headwork, cams w/ gear drive, lifters and ignition. I also used a SE 51CV as well as SE perfect fit pushrods and an SE pressure plate.....the dyno ain't lyin either.....worked for me.

Attached Thumbnails Engine Work S$S or Headquarters-fxdxt-11-may.jpg  
Old 10-06-2010, 12:34 AM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Either one of the engine upgrades will most likely cure your need for more power, but if you happen to want more, check here.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Muff Daddy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Los11
Did you read my post hurt myself at work I never said I was unemployed...... Plus I am a Cop and getting hurt on the job pay's well..... Any input on the motor??
First off thanks for putting it on the line.

I did read your post correctly, I just wouldn't count my chickens until they were hatched. I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I do know I wouldnt feel comfortable spending any coin until I was back on the job. That said I popped in this thread because I like to learn and this looked like it would shape up to be an informative one.

Old 10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Los11
Road Captain

Originally Posted by dope_man_21
Either one of the engine upgrades will most likely cure your need for more power, but if you happen to want more, check here.
Hey cool link those were some sick setups.....

Old 10-06-2010, 07:32 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Los11
Hey cool link those were some sick setups.....
That is what I am looking at now for any extra coin I can manage to save. According to all I have read they out preform any and all competition. There are several member here running the pipes but I don't recall exact names.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:43 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Muff Daddy
First off thanks for putting it on the line.

I did read your post correctly, I just wouldn't count my chickens until they were hatched. I don't know the specifics of your situation, but I do know I wouldnt feel comfortable spending any coin until I was back on the job. That said I popped in this thread because I like to learn and this looked like it would shape up to be an informative one.
The op is not seeking financial advice, he is looking for input on S&S 106 & headquarters 107 builds

Quick Reply: Engine Work S$S or Headquarters