Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stripped saddlebag support bracket help request

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 PM
jots7
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stripped saddlebag support bracket help request

Hi all, i am attempting to remove my saddlebags to remove the rear tire and the left side rear fender mounting bracket from the detachable docking hardware kit 53961-06 seems to have stripped. The right side came off fine but on the left side I can feel the 'round post' of the bracket spinning when I try to loosen the bolt inside the saddlebag. I thought the bracket was all one piece but when I looked at the other side bracket, the post appears maybe spot welded together with the rest of the bracket. I would appreciate some advice on how to remove the bolts holding the bag on. Thanks

Old 02-08-2011, 08:55 PM
mud
muderator
Received 8,807 Likes on 2,070 Posts

Originally Posted by jots7
Hi all, i am attempting to remove my saddlebags to remove the rear tire and the left side rear fender mounting bracket from the detachable docking hardware kit 53961-06 seems to have stripped. The right side came off fine but on the left side I can feel the 'round post' of the bracket spinning when I try to loosen the bolt inside the saddlebag. I thought the bracket was all one piece but when I looked at the other side bracket, the post appears maybe spot welded together with the rest of the bracket. I would appreciate some advice on how to remove the bolts holding the bag on. Thanks
hard to diagnose this over the interjet, butt,

you may need to remove the wheel and use vise grips from the other end.

then buy a new inner support bracket.

that point is a weak link.

if this is the case, do not over torque when reinstalling.