Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New gauge option for superglide owners?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Boxjoint
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New gauge option for superglide owners?

Looks like we might have a new gauge option for us Superglide owners curtesy of Harley Davidson.

If you have not been following the moto news, HD came out with thie new sportster ( I like it Real sporty)
http://www.moto-station.com/article2...n-xr-1200.html

but what cought my eye is the gauge setup:

SPorsters usually use the same size speedo as we do so I am wondering if the tach on this model will house the stock gauge and we can get one of those small tach's (1 7/8" I belive) from Drag Specialties where the little digital unit is on this bike.

Hmmmm!

Old 10-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Mrkicks
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New gauge option for superglide owners?

I put a full size tach on mine, I think it looks better....but beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:30 PM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eventually someone will make a housing that will take both in full size side by side like the older Dynas had

Old 10-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Boxjoint
Tourer

ORIGINAL: KeithB

Eventually someone will make a housing that will take both in full size side by side like the older Dynas had
I am sure they will but I would like to take this setup with the 2 different size gauges. I like the idea of a mini tach on the handlebar in the same housing.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:19 PM
DGlide04
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If it is a REAL MoCo instrument, it'll be just too small or just too large to accomodate anything other than a HD gauge. I do like the look of the setup, but am still partial to the tach and speedo of the same size that I currently have. I also like the look and functionality of the handlebar-mounted gauges so you don't have to look down at the gas tank to see them.

Old 10-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Patch
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's EXACTLY what I am looking for.
Does the bracket have a part number yet?

Old 10-12-2006, 10:41 PM
JCPsr
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice setup. How about a second small gauge on the other side. I'd like large tach, small digital speedo and digital oil temp/pressure for the other side.
I do miss a tach. Not a problem for cruising, but when running it up in each gear it sucks to hit the rev limiter before the shift.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Boxjoint
Tourer

No part numbers yet. The model of sporster has yet to be released. I would be the first in line for the setup (if the stock dyna speedo will fit in this units tach housing) . I would imagine that HD would offer it in chrome as well knowing that current sportster and dyna owners would purchase this item for upgrading their rides. I just want to know the diameter of the mini gauge. It would be REALLY cool if they made and sold a multi function gauge for the mini side. I'm thinking tach/voltmeter/oil temp.

Old 10-13-2006, 09:41 AM
jmbear328
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I had been wanting to add a tach on my 06 Superglide and went yesterday and got the part numbers to put the exact Handlebars and gauge setup thats on the 07 Screamin Eagle Superglide, but I will order from Zanottis since it will save me almost $200.00.

John

Old 10-14-2006, 12:41 AM
jimw411
Tourer

Thats pretty sick with the white face tach and the digital speedo, i wonder if the digital speedo is back lit so you can read it at night. I've been thinking about getting a tach for a while and if for the same price as the lowrider kit, i could get this set up, i would go for it.

Quick Reply: New gauge option for superglide owners?