Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fxdf tires, what to get?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:16 PM
amnon_romano
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metzler ME880 out back

Last week I've installed Metzler ME880, first time after wearing out 4 stock Dunlops.
A Dunlop usually lasts 10-11K miles.
So far (1000 miles) I like the Metz just the same...

Old 04-05-2011, 06:52 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by amnon_romano
Last week I've installed Metzler ME880, first time after wearing out 4 stock Dunlops.
A Dunlop usually lasts 10-11K miles.
So far (1000 miles) I like the Metz just the same...

I got 13k out of my stock Dunlops. Will see how these Avons do. Heard good things about their grip not sure about tread life though.

Old 04-05-2011, 06:58 PM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by blacknsilver
I got 13k out of my stock Dunlops. Will see how these Avons do. Heard good things about their grip not sure about tread life though.

Logically speaking, a better performing/softer tire will wear faster. That's the trade-up. Harder tire = longer lasting. Softer tire = better performance/handling.

Old 04-11-2011, 01:25 PM
BlackFatBob64
Intermediate

I'm through my second oem rear tire on my 08 FXDF and have been getting about 9500 miles per rear riding in florida in the summer. I guess the tires is one of the few things the MOCO got right and I think I'll just stick with it. On the other hand my buddy gets barely 6k on his fat boy tires riding same conditions....

Old 04-11-2011, 03:07 PM
Rustyrider
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I'm not one to usually say "go with the stock replacement" but one thing that always catches my eye regarding the FXDF is the aggressive tread pattern on the stock tires. I don't know how they handle but they sure do help make the Fat Bob look just a little meaner.

I totally agree...

Old 04-11-2011, 03:13 PM
jp-1
Advanced

I'm pretty happy with the metz.. me880's. Good grip, track well, got about a thousand miles on them now.

Old 04-11-2011, 05:32 PM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC-Longhair
I'm not one to usually say "go with the stock replacement" but one thing that always catches my eye regarding the FXDF is the aggressive tread pattern on the stock tires. I don't know how they handle but they sure do help make the Fat Bob look just a little meaner.
They only look meaner in a dirtbike knobby kinda way, they Sucked for handling. I would rather have a tire that grabs the road and gives confidence in the bike than a longer lasting one with a hard compound and doesn't grab the road. I came from sportbikes and I still like to lean in the turns.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:02 AM
JohnNLV
3rd Gear
Default Avon cobra

Let's talk about it, guys are doing it lets have the feedback , I know they fit right on 200 rear 150 front. C- mon lets talk about it, you guy that have been running them, please tell us more

Old 11-19-2011, 03:49 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

A mate put some Avons on and has been very happy with them, but then anything would seem good compared to worn-out Dunlops.

I've just bought a pair of Metzelers for mine and they are sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted. Had Metzelers on several bikes and they are always an excellent tyre.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:33 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Well i have used nothing but stock tires on my FB and I don't find myself wiping out or being skiddish on turns , I like the idea of better grip + fatter tires, but don't want to be changing tires that often, so for now I shall remain an unspoiled stock tire owner!

Quick Reply: fxdf tires, what to get?