Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 03:36 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Issue: What is the best EFI tuner with no crazy modifications

When looking for a new EFI tuner there could be a lot of information out there that is difficult to wrap your head around. Users give their opinion of what is the best tuner out there that doesn't have too many bells and whistles for a decent price.

Read the full discussion below for more information
Print Wikipost

Best tuner ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 PM
JSprad
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick question from a newb..
Would getting an Xied from nightrider be enough if I upgraded to some V&H Big Shots?
Everything else is stock.

Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 PM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I looked into them all and went with the TTS setup very easy to use (even I sorted it out) plus any changes later you can retune, move to a different elevation retune add a big bore kit retune plus and this is what sold me on it you can dump and keep the stock map so if you sell the ride put all the stock parts on and stick the original factor map back in and its good to go,

Old 04-12-2011, 11:14 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by JSprad
Would getting an Xied from nightrider be enough if I upgraded to some V&H Big Shots?
Yes, probably. Ask in the tuner section and a few guys who have them should chime in.

Old 04-13-2011, 03:33 AM
Tnbrit
Road Captain
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Rev perf

I don't know anything about Tuners but I think after reading myself blind,i'm going to go with the Rev Perf EMS,every post I have read(on several forums)from people who've installed them,have had nothing but positive comments about them,might be worth checking them out,can't hurt.
To JSprad,I have the XIED's on my 07'FXD,seem to work exactly as it says on the tin,bike runs better with them than without them.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:40 AM
dano8855
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went with a Power Commander V from FuelMoto. I told them my bike info (model, year, exhaust and A/C) and they put a custom map together for me. Bike runs great. If I had $900 I would have gotten the Thundermax, but for me I'm just messing with the air cleaner and exhaust so the PCV fits my needs.

Old 04-13-2011, 04:47 AM
Brawny MMC
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im no expert for sure but i have the thundermax/auto,and could not be happier bike runs at peak performance everytime all the time ,but like others said little pricey,was told its alot more advanced ,with greater options.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:52 AM
The Dean
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JSprad
I run Rush 1.75 baffels and the xieds. The bike runs great and cooler. I might upgrade if I change out the breather.

Old 04-13-2011, 08:15 AM
8541hog
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Here is some info in this thread.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...max-makes.html
If you don't want to dyno tune and want the benefits of a real good tune, the ThunderMax w/autotune is the only way to go.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:03 AM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a T-Max with auto tune , and I had to replace both sensors , twice . I never felt satisfied with the performance , it popped and backfired a LOT . I even had Zippers look at the tune , and they improved it some , but the dang sensors went , again , ad it never got back to where it was . In short I was dissatisfied . Especially for the money $$$$! Honestly , if you are just going with mild upgrades , I would look at the E.J.K. (electronic jet kit) from Techlusion . Or , I read that Cobra is set to release a new Auto tune device . It looks real interesting....check it out here..I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies . Just offering my opinion.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...Pro-Tuner.aspx

Old 04-13-2011, 02:52 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I went from the Techlusion to the ThunderMax w/ Auto Tune ... could not be happier ....

The TTS is the former vendor for the Screamin Eagle Race Tuner (SERT) ... predecessor to the current Screamin Eagle system ... [note: there are two SE systems ... one that is an add-on system and one that allows you to take control of the ECM and reprogram it] ....

One major distinction between TMAT and the TTS/SERT is the use of wide-band O2 sensors with ThunderMax ... it senses the oxygen content of the exhaust during the entire RPM spectrum .... Whereas the TTS uses narrow band O2 sensors and applies a computer algorithm to extrapolate the optimal AFR curve ....

I have heard good things from users of the other systems, too ....

The TMAT system retails for more... but, you can make up the savings on the money you would have spent on Dyno tuning ....

Also, you could be like me and luck into a good deal from someone who decides to go with a different system ....

R/
'Chop

Quick Reply: Best tuner ?