Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2011, 07:43 PM
06HarleyStreetBobLoveWillieGSkulls's Avatar
06HarleyStreetBobLoveWillieGSkulls
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just need to vent

So I finally crossed from Honda to Harley and the SB has some homemade wiring done up by previous owner to convert the turnsignals into tail, brake, and turn signals and they worked ok I guess then they finally went to hell and now I got a short somewhere in my electrical wiring for my lights and scared to run the bike b/c worried it might catch fire and got it up on a lift until I can come up with the $300 more or less to have it fixed by a chopper chop locally. DANG.

Then I take the Honda VTX 1300 out as my backup and while out riding it my ground from my battery broke in 1/2. So going back tomorrow to pick it up and will probally try to run some copper wire from whats left of the ground post on the battery to the other 1/2 connected to my ground cable and hopefully make it home. I'm a biker through and through, love to ride in all weather Missouri has to offer year round and maybe soon be prospecting for a MC, so like I said a real biker, not just a weekend warrior and to be with out a bike is like being with out, well no good comparison just sucks.

In advance, thanks for listening.

Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm just a weekend warrior and have rewired my own electrical problems. Good luck with the club.

Old 07-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Zig Zag 2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

------------

Last edited by Zig Zag 2010; 11-02-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:50 PM
06HarleyStreetBobLoveWillieGSkulls's Avatar
06HarleyStreetBobLoveWillieGSkulls
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah when it comes to wiring its like speaking french for me, I just dont get electrical. I gotta standby Honda ability to make bikes that run great( besides my lil battery problem) and are not bad looking, BUT THERE JUST IS NOT ANY COMPARISON TO THE FEEL OF RIDING A HOG, I LOVE MY STREET BOB.

Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

+100,000 on that last comment. there is nothing like a harley and the streetbobs are unbelievably fun. (dyna's in general just rock!!).

Old 07-03-2011, 10:19 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

BTW good luck prospecting if you go that way. Cool to have brothers in an MC.

Old 07-04-2011, 01:56 AM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

re wire the thing to stock... there are a million wire diagrams, its less than ten wires

Old 07-04-2011, 03:52 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

My front turn signal wasnt working so just removed it. Found out that the previous work had spliced 4 short pieces of wire together. WTF!

Old 07-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 453 Likes on 258 Posts

"prospecting for a MC, so like I said a real biker, not just a weekend warrior"

As the ex Vice Pres of an MC I have to say that that statement makes me want to give up Motorcycles and buy a Nissan.....there is no hope.......

Real Bikers don't need to belong to anything, they just dig riding and if the only time they get is the weekend, well that's just the way it is........

Old 07-04-2011, 07:38 AM
jack0890
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just need to vent

+1 on re-wiring to stock. You can get plugs and pin connectors from the dealer and get the wire just about anywhere. They're really simple to put back together. I'm about as illiterate about wiring as it comes. I just installed a relacation kit on my 2010 WG so I can run a taller backrest. I wound up cutting and splicing instead of putting new pins on because it was gonna take the dealer a week to get the pins in to go that route. As the other member said it's less than 10 wires and all you gotta do is color match, splice, and be sure and heat shrink the connections. I don't have the conventional taillight like the SB, so I only had six wires to deal with on mine.

I can appreciate the fact that you want to join an MC and I wish you success with your endeavor. It's personally not something I feel like I have to do. My weekend consists of Tuesday and Wednesday off right now and I'm glad to get that. I wish we had better weather (It's freakin hot up here) in Louisiana so I could ride more. I suppose there are those out there that call me "poser" or "weekend warrior", but I'm ok with that. I ride when I want and don't when I don't want to. It's really all about the ride, if you'll forgive the cliche, and what YOU want to do. If you ride on two wheels, you're ok in my book. Just my .02 cents.

Last edited by jack0890; 07-04-2011 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Misspelled, missing words

Quick Reply: Just need to vent