Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory recall

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 02:24 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Factory recall

I really think that some of you guys are hilarious.....

Who of you were around for the 99/00 ECM upgrade, going to the "B" flash????

What about the 04-05 XL ICM Updates (There have been 3, yes 3 of them)?????

You guys are acting like you are the only ones that have ever had this happen.......

HD goes through this all the time...

There are ALWAYS going to be product refinements, updates to firmware/software, updates to applications......

This is nothing new, and you should take it in stride......

Whenever your bike goes in to an HD shop, they are obligated to verify and validate any and all RECALLS, MODIFICATIONS or CAMPAIGNS that are open or awaiting approval on your particular bike....., whether it be an ECM/ICM Update, Stereo update, fender lamp harness, BAS relocation or any number of things that have been ID'd....

Now, you wanna know something really funny.... all of the PC III's that were installed will need to come off, so the ECM can be updated with the proper flash, or it can't be installed... Inherent flaw with the PC III.... Prevents System Information from being processed, but engine data gets through.... Hmmmmmm?????

THEN, you are going to have to retune your PC's as the Baseline ECM programming has been changed, and your settings are going to be off kilter for the PC to modify.....

Take my advice, get your bike to the nearest shop that you trust, get your ECM's updated and stop the madness.....

Old 11-28-2006, 06:52 AM
stix68
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanx for the info and the fatherly reassurance Bob.
But I don't see anyone in a panic here, just a discussion on whats what, ya know. The reason I started this thread is to let people know about the recall, not everyones dealer let's 'em know pronto.(Like mine) But more importantly(to me anyway) was trying to find out exactly what the recall is for, and EXACTLY what the Moco is changing in the MAP. I have read the dealer memo and it is very vague, as is the HD website. Lastly SB, after investing 30k AUS, I'm entitled to know what is going on with my bike(factorywise).

Old 11-28-2006, 08:30 AM
iwant1
Tourer

WTF ?
It a perfectly valid question.
No-ones acting like they are the only ones who have had this happen.

Chill out will ya

Old 11-28-2006, 10:00 AM
badbs101
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

I really think that some of you guys are hilarious.....

Who of you were around for the 99/00 ECM upgrade, going to the "B" flash????

What about the 04-05 XL ICM Updates (There have been 3, yes 3 of them)?????

You guys are acting like you are the only ones that have ever had this happen.......

HD goes through this all the time...

There are ALWAYS going to be product refinements, updates to firmware/software, updates to applications......

This is nothing new, and you should take it in stride......

Whenever your bike goes in to an HD shop, they are obligated to verify and validate any and all RECALLS, MODIFICATIONS or CAMPAIGNS that are open or awaiting approval on your particular bike....., whether it be an ECM/ICM Update, Stereo update, fender lamp harness, BAS relocation or any number of things that have been ID'd....

Now, you wanna know something really funny.... all of the PC III's that were installed will need to come off, so the ECM can be updated with the proper flash, or it can't be installed... Inherent flaw with the PC III.... Prevents System Information from being processed, but engine data gets through.... Hmmmmmm?????

THEN, you are going to have to retune your PC's as the Baseline ECM programming has been changed, and your settings are going to be off kilter for the PC to modify.....

Take my advice, get your bike to the nearest shop that you trust, get your ECM's updated and stop the madness.....

Stop harshing our mellow dude.

Old 11-28-2006, 12:52 PM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Shovelhead Bob

Gunrunner (in another thread) stated that he did not have to remove his PCIII when his ECM was flashed as it was done through an "alternate" port... whassup wid dat?

Old 11-28-2006, 02:37 PM
harleyxlc
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My dealer said he didn't have the parts for this yet...something about screws....screws loose perhaps?

Old 11-28-2006, 05:49 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

Shovelhead Bob,
Sorry but haven't been on the Harley scene long enough to know wether to panic or not. Just trying to get some info. I've learned a lot off of this site. Some of us haven't been into Harleys all their life. You have to start somewhere. I will try not to be so hilarious next time.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:01 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

Here is what Gunrunner said in another thread

As I was heading to the dealer today, I almost turned around. I thought my bike runs great, I should pass on this since I have retuned it already why mess with a good thing? But I thought what if it does help? So here it is, for those with PCIII's don't wait head to your nearest dealer for the reflash of the ecm, had mine done this morning, they do it thru a access port and no need to unplug the pcIII, My dealer had no problem with me having upgraded, I simpy told them how it was; I put near 20 k in your pocket for this bike and wanted it to run right, I know its not your fault about the epa, so I fixed it with a pcIII and muffs and a air cleaner. Do we have a problem? No Sir was the answer let us get it in there and do the reflash! They said you may have to readjust your pcIII, I said thats fine. Well the tech did it, then took it for a spin, I could tell by the sound of the motor as he passed me it was running much smoother, as the young guy wheeled back into the parking lot after a 5min. ride he had a huge grin on. I asked did it run good? He smiled and said, Oh Yea! I left, heres my view: Runs much smoother, it always felt a little rough starting off till you got to about 2000 rpm, now it pulled off like butter, pulled hard thru the gears, had more roll on power in all gears. At idle the motor doesn't shake near as much as it did. I could find nothing adverse about it, it worked with my fuelmoto tuned pc III perfectly, I only rode about 30 miles but in traffic, around town and on the interstate up to 100 and it was awesome. Im very pleased with this upgrade and recomend everyone who is due this reflash do it regardless if your bike is stock or retuned with a pcIII or other device, it appears to be more of revamp to the timing settings than air/fuel changes. It made my bike much more of a joy to ride, will update again once ive done some more miles and checked plugs for color.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:49 PM
my07dyna
Intermediate

Does anyone know where I can print a copy of the Service bulletin M-1186 that covers this calibration upgrade. My dealer told me they know nothing about it and the mechanic said when I do the stage one calibration with the screaming eagle air filter that this will take care of it, but I was told by another person that the bulletin calibration should be done even if street legal calibrations have been done.?????????????????????????????????Does anyone know what is going on. Went to the HD page under service and typed in my VIN and it told me to contact my dealer because my bike was on the list, showed the dealer a copy of the printout and they looked at me like what planet you from.

Old 11-28-2006, 09:02 PM
sjcope13
Tourer

Here is the service bulletin for the 07's

http://www.box.net/public/qyad1e3t1n

Quick Reply: Factory recall