Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger to Dyna Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 03:50 PM
FBinSoCal
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MB-WideGlide
I went from a 10' Wide Glide to a 11' Road Glide .
I love the Roadie , no way I'm going back to the W/G don't miss it at all.
Long or short ride , city or hwy it's an awesome ride.
MB, what made you decide on the road glide over the street glide?
They are similar at first glance but that fixed faring on the RG kinda freaked me out when it didn't move with the front end. At night i pictured everything turning but my headlight! ...yikes.

...just curious as I'm pretty sure my next bike (maybe in 2 years) will be a SG.

To the original poster, WG's are awesome bikes but totally different experience than baggers as you know. If you are anything like me, you won't ever be totally happy because we need both. LOL

Once mama calms down from my purchase of the FLD, I'm going for a SG.
I actually went in to buy a WG before going for the FLD, that's how much i like WG's.

Old 10-19-2011, 05:10 PM
scglide
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always rode baggers last one was a streetglide, loved that bike, lost my job and had to sell it. scraped up enough to get a superglide and I like it but miss the bags, comfort and stereo, never really noticed the wieght difference.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Robert Le Gras
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOT the same thing I guess, but last winter when my Fat Bob was rear-ended by a pickup truck and while that guy's insurance company hemmed and hawed and procrastinated themselves out of a lot of money by not accepting the repair estimate for twelve weeks, I rented a Street Glide. It was nice enough, but I couldn't wait to get back on my Fat Bob, that's the ride and experience I wanted and love. I have bags on my Fat Bob as I have no other vehicle. The Street Glide is definitely not my style.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:15 PM
kngobra
Tourer

Originally Posted by scglide
I always rode baggers last one was a streetglide, loved that bike, lost my job and had to sell it. scraped up enough to get a superglide and I like it but miss the bags, comfort and stereo, never really noticed the wieght difference.
scglide...what floorboards are those on your bike?

Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 PM
scglide
Cruiser

They are some aftermaket floorboards that I picked up on ebay for $39.00 and fab some brackets for them, they are pretty good copies of the harley ones.

Old 10-21-2011, 12:22 AM
floridamk
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went from a Road King Classic to a FXDX. Can beat that sporty feel of the Dyna!

Old 10-21-2011, 08:35 AM
rounder
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US If this rack and a bag would work for storage, I'd say go for it. With the signals being the tail lights as well, The options to put bags on the wideglide are wonky when applied(relocation of the signals looks retarded). Now if you do want saddlebags in the future, I would suggest choosing the fatbob instead.
http://www.badgcustoms.net/solo-bags.html a right side solo bag is also a good choice for a wideglide IMO if it offers enough storage for you.

Last edited by rounder; 10-21-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:20 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Just went from a 2005 Heritage softail to a 2011 FXDB Streetbob. I think I would rent a bike to ride before buying just to make sure you like it. I absolutely love the streetbob. I bought it mostly for 3 or 4 hour rides but I have ridden it 675 miles in one day with no issues . In fact when I got where I was going I went for a ride with my friends. I actually find it easier to ride on longer trips because of its lower weight and nimble handling. Dynas are a blast to ride. Good luck !! I love WG's too , I just got the FXDB for the mid controls and stripped down vibe that they have. I was ready for that after the Heritage.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Honey-Badger
Extreme HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 256 Posts

Sure, a lot of people upgrade...

I don't know, but real men ride Dynas!

Ride safe!

Old 10-22-2011, 09:33 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,100 Likes on 1,913 Posts

OP, if your not totally set on a Wide Glide have you considered the FLD Switchback. It gives you your Bags, Floorboards, and Windshield. Just wondering.

Last edited by perki48; 10-22-2011 at 09:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Bagger to Dyna Wide Glide