Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lindby Bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 02:23 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 105 Likes on 71 Posts
Default Lindby Bars

Thinking about getting a lindby "LinBar" or "Multibar" to add more foot placement options on longer rides along with the inherent safety aspects. I have gone through their website but it says little about fitting for an FXDC. Also, what is this thing I have heard about crash bars increasing the probability of cracking frames in the event of a fall?

Any one out there running a Lin or Multibar on a 2010 (or thereabouts) FXDC with forwards? Appreciate your feedback re fitting or any mods that may have been needed to get the bar to fit.

Thanks,

8's

Old 01-04-2012, 05:40 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I haven't heard anything about them cracking frames in a crash, but I don't see why this couldn't happen. I was told, when I wrecked my sporty a few years back, that if I had a engine guard installed that the chances of twisting the frame were dramaticly increased do to the impact on the bar when it slams to the ground, slides and comes in to contact with a fixed structure (curb, poll, pothole, etc...).

The way I look at it is that the guard does its job of protectin the engine and maybe even your ankle or legs and if you save the engine then you have a good powerplant that you can install into a new frame replacement form the MoCo or that nice custom you always wanted to build.

I have thought about installing one on my bike for years, but I am 50/50 for the look and until I am leaning more towards the look I can't see myself buying and installing one of these.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:32 AM
CM22
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Linbar for my 2000 FXD for longer rides and love it. It is nice to have somewhere else to put your feet on the longer trips. I am running this with mid controlls so I can't help you with the forwards advice.

Old 01-04-2012, 12:18 PM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people love these Guard bars and some just hate them. I like mine and it has already saved me money when I was backing my bike off a rain soaked trailer and my foot slipped and I had to lay her down gently. I love her when riding and need to streach out my legs. I have forward control and no problem there. With the HD heavy breather that I have when I put my foot on the top rest my knee does bump the air breather but not enough to matter. I ordered mine from Lindby and they powder coated it for around $20. I also had one on my FXD with no problems. Get one you"ll enjoy having it on longer rides or should you lay her down.

Attached Thumbnails Lindby Bars-guardbars2.jpg   Lindby Bars-guardbar.jpg  
Old 01-04-2012, 12:56 PM
KevenW
Tourer

Have one on my 09 lowrider with mids. I put platforms on the front, just inside the linbar. Absolutely LOVE it! So comfy. I can almost lay down now lol. I'll post some pics later on. Might add forwards eventually. Don't really like the feel of forwards when stopping or riding slow. Linbar is the only crash bar I like cept for on the touring bikes. The linbars look like the harley badge in shape which I think is really cool!

Last edited by KevenW; 01-04-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:41 PM
Jlongshore
Tourer

Hey Superglideken, on that Lindby u have, does it all bolt on or u have to use a hose clamp on top? My buddy's came with a hose clamp. I did not like look at all. Also not sure if his was a Lindby either.

Old 01-04-2012, 03:45 PM
KevenW
Tourer

I know you was asking ken but Mine has a metal tab that hangs down at the top and bolts into the hole in the frame.

Old 01-04-2012, 05:44 PM
Jlongshore
Tourer

Thanks KevinW. That was answer I was looking for. Think I might order one soon.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:18 AM
SuperglideKen
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

No hose clamp on mine.

Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 PM
portsider
Stage I
Default Lindby Multibar

Just received my multibar...a breeze to install, three bolts and you're done. Haven't taken it out yet but also installed some highway pegs that I had removed from my sportster. The best price I found was from American Classic Motors, $220 plus free shipping for the chrome bar for a Heritage Classic.