Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley LED headlight ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:39 PM
2011FXDC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I appreciate the other responses however, I wanted to stay with the HD version because it's plug and play. I have had a few issues with aftermarket stuff before that was supposed to be and exact fit and wasn't. Also, from what I could find that Truck Lite doesn't come in the size I need.

Old 01-27-2012, 12:47 PM
2011FXDC
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by '10 Wide Glide

Great video. Thank you for the link. Exactly what I wanted to see !

Old 01-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Groucho1
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by WideGlideRide011
a cheaper way to go is to get a bucket outta drag that has a metal backing to it and put a HID bulb in it from http://www.ddmtuning.com they have a high and low beam bulb and its great...or just go with a silver star bulb from walmart they are a good improvement to

Could someone tell me the correct Siverstar bulb to use? As I remember they have a few similar.
Thanks

Old 01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
KevenW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh and one more thing. on my bike, the led headlight box and the books said that I had to order an HD replacement light housing. I got the light and had to order the replacement housing(which only came in black at the time). a couple days later I decided i'd try the led in the stock housing and it worked like a charm. I called the dealer and cancelled the replacement housing. I have seen others on here state the same thing about it working in the stock housing. Don't know if this applies to all the bikes that say you need the replacement but on my 09 I didn't need it. mine is 5 3/4". hope this helps you too.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:41 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer

Originally Posted by KevenW
Oh and one more thing. on my bike, the led headlight box and the books said that I had to order an HD replacement light housing. I got the light and had to order the replacement housing(which only came in black at the time). a couple days later I decided i'd try the led in the stock housing and it worked like a charm. I called the dealer and cancelled the replacement housing. I have seen others on here state the same thing about it working in the stock housing. Don't know if this applies to all the bikes that say you need the replacement but on my 09 I didn't need it. mine is 5 3/4". hope this helps you too.

That's ok they say it wont fit on the wide glide but a another forum member that has a '10 FXDWG put one on with the stock bucket (that was the clincher for me) now mine is waiting to be installed once I find the time to go to my buds warehouse(my winter storage) to install it

Old 01-27-2012, 04:51 PM
KevenW
Tourer

cool, you'll love it!! much much much much better than stock! it takes some tweaking to get it aimed just right so that the low beam hits where you want and the high beam isn't too high or low. I had to stop and adjust mine 3 or 4 times to get it right, then i put a tiny mark on the light bracket and the triple tree with a sharpie in case it moves any.

Old 01-27-2012, 04:56 PM
'10 Wide Glide
Tourer

Originally Posted by KevenW
cool, you'll love it!! much much much much better than stock! it takes some tweaking to get it aimed just right so that the low beam hits where you want and the high beam isn't too high or low. I had to stop and adjust mine 3 or 4 times to get it right, then i put a tiny mark on the light bracket and the triple tree with a sharpie in case it moves any.
Good idea on the sharpie I'll keep that in mind

Old 01-27-2012, 05:04 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Do yourself a favor and go to Walmart and buy a Sylvania Super Silverstar, (guessing which one) Read the back lable. The H4 is about $15 and as much headlite as you will need at a fraction os the price. The replacement number is 1004 or 1007, Someone will chime in here on the number. I have replaced the stock bulb with one of these on my last 4 bikes, they work well.

Last edited by checkers; 01-27-2012 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:14 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 849 Likes on 373 Posts

i have the 5 3/4 hd led. I love it and it gets strange looks from other motorcyclist because they do not know the pattern it shows. lots of fun and a great light too.

i got mine in black

Old 01-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Romeo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02fx4dude
..... I have the 7" HD LED, it throws uber light way up the road, but the beam is very focused and there isn't much lit up around the front of the bike. You won't get the sides of the roads and ditches lit up which is where you want to look for critters. I'm considering aux lighting for that reason.
I added H-D auxiliary lights to mine for both of those reasons. My original post with pictures:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...tern-pics.html

Quick Reply: Harley LED headlight ?