Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upper Triple Tree Cover

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Grugrux34
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upper Triple Tree Cover

I have a 2001 FXD that I have been working on customizing slowly but surely. I have to date:

Built a lay down plate holder
Changed the bars to 4" z drag bars
installed 5" pullback risors
Changed the front head light to a fatboy 7" light
Also have removed the speedo (trying to figure where to mount it,but didn't like it straight up in the wind with the pullbacks)
And am getting ready to paint the lower fork sliders with epoxy.

My questions are as follows: Has anyone here ever made a cover for the upper trees, after removing the eyebrow where the stock light mounts? Any ideas would be appreciated...don't really want to drop $40 bucks on this.

I want a deeper sound and am considering drilling out the baffles, I have owned several Harley's and have never done this. I am always nervous about losing back pressure and affecting performance. Being that I have 7 kids, with one on the way, can't afford new pipes,so getting creative.

Lastly, any ideas on some cool speedo mount set ups?

I appreciate all your help, I just moved from Nashville to Miami, and am loving the weather here to ride year round in comfort.