Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Going to install Burly Slammer kit, should I trim rear fender?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 04:13 PM
LCHBuilders
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to install Burly Slammer kit, should I trim rear fender?

So........ as is always the case........one little project leads to another. I started out by removing the passenger pillon and sissy bar on my '10 Wide Glide, and install a license plate/turn signal relocate kit. I realized the rear fender was in pretty rough shape underneath the pillon, so I decided to take it off, sand it down, fix the dent's, fill the un-needed holes, and have it painted. I had taken the shocks off to do the license relocate kit, and realized just how sweet this bike looks "slammed"..........so I ordered a Burly slammer kit.
My question is; Since I have the fender off, sanded down, and am going to get it painted, would it be smart to shave a little off in any problem areas where it "could" bottom out with the Burly kit? I notice that with the shocks off, the fender looks like it could hit the passenger peg, and I've read of some guys having it hit the bleeder valve of the caliper. Just trying to think ahead here, so anyone have any advice? Thanks guys!

Old 03-04-2012, 04:20 PM
djack
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

since its off and you're redoing it you may as well though I've had no problems with mine