Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't decide between apes or drags on Wg

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:20 AM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can't decide between apes or drags on Wg

I've been thinking about putting different bars on my bike for awhile but can't decide. I like the looks on a bike when the front end flows nicely, but with a wide glides extra rake it's hard to make them look right in my eyes with apes. I was thinking either 14 apes or 12 apes or drag bars with 6-8 inch risers. Any pics would help. I'm 6'3 so either way reaching isn't a problem.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:26 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Either way, they'd look good on your WG. I prefer apes but I have seen WGs with the T-bar setup and really like it most of the time. Something like the HD Street Sweepers or similar.

16's:

Old 04-13-2012, 06:34 AM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pipes

I really like your pipes. What are they. If you don't mine me asking, how much were they and where did you get them?

Old 04-13-2012, 07:00 AM
pontiac69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You say apes or drag bars. Talk about apples to oranges. What do you have right now. I see other saying they liike your pipes and either way they would look good on your wg. I dont see any pics of your wg to sugest which is better. Then again that would only be for looks. For comfort you realy need to sit and ride on one that has apes/drag bars. My bike came with stock style drag bars. I switched to apes over the winter and took my real 1st ride of the season last weekend. I will say its a diffrent ride. Not 100% sure about them yet but i havent given them a full evaluation. I know i wanted to sit up straighter and not slouch like i did with the drag bars.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:01 AM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I've been thinking about putting different bars on my bike for awhile but can't decide. I like the looks on a bike when the front end flows nicely, but with a wide glides extra rake it's hard to make them look right in my eyes with apes. I was thinking either 14 apes or 12 apes or drag bars with 6-8 inch risers. Any pics would help. I'm 6'3 so either way reaching isn't a problem
I don't have a wide glide but I do have 16 apes on my Street bob I like them, But I had an oppurtunity to ride a bike with wide glide drag bars and found that to be really comfortable to me , I like the look of drags and apes but imo Drag Bars for me

I really like your pipes. What are they. If you don't mine me asking, how much were they and where did you get them?
That looks like a thunder header

Old 04-13-2012, 08:07 AM
giantdog
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go for drags, the WG is a sweet handling HD.
Mine has standard bars on at the moment (2010) I've ridden a friends with apes and the handling didn't feel as sharp to me, dropping into bends just wasn't as nice.

Old 04-13-2012, 08:15 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jpicht
That's a thunderheader. I bought them in '09 from AmericanClassicMotors, on ebay for$489. I made the heatshields from my OEM heatshields. I also painted the pipe myself. Looks like hell right now. lol

I've been checking current prices and looks like the price has gone up almost exactly $100. ACM is asking $589 the last time I checked ebay a week or so ago.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Rodney54
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope this thread keeps going. I really wanna see some more WG's with drags and apes. I also want to change my bars out but cant seem to pick one or the other.

Old 04-13-2012, 09:10 AM
rmecca06
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Heres my 2010 WG with Harley Fat drag bars:

Old 04-13-2012, 10:15 AM
RDFXDF
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

WG's look good with either drags or apes. Id go with drags but either look good on that particular bike.

Quick Reply: Can't decide between apes or drags on Wg