Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fixed My Start Issues w/new Relay

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fixed My Start Issues w/new Relay

I was going to just post in another thread on this topic where I nailed down this might be the issue for me too, but I can’t find it. LOL Anyway, scenario was rode the bike to a popular bike destination and came out – bike seemed to do all its electrical stuff normally, fuel pump/injection or whatever spun up, etc. and it just wouldn’t kick over. I checked the fuses and they all seemed good. I thought it might be whatever keeps it from starting while in gear or the battery just didn’t have enough juice. I keep the thing on a tender though – so, that was a little disappointing to believe. Had to get a couple of pretty big dudes to push start me – which was no joy for any of us I’m sure.

Had the battery checked and it was fully charged. Found that the relay was the clicking noise that I heard. I was worried it was inside the starter itself. Nope! Less than $6 for a new starter relay and I’m back up and running!

Thanks to the forums anyway. If anything; maybe if I am having a hard time finding that thread myself again – this one will come up for somebody else in a search.