Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please provide some assistance!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 06:45 PM
denimbob08
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the reason the tender says its charged is because the battery has a full voltage charge but no longer has the amps to "push" or turn over the starter. all your gauges and lights will work but you cant crank

Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Update - Took the battery in and had it tested. Everyone was right it was toast. Bought a deka for $159.00. Installed and the bike fired right up real quick. Thanks everyone.

One last question. After reading a lot of post about the charging system and batteries, I noticed while inspecting my battery cover that there appeared to be some rubbing(fresh rubs where the black paint has been removed) to the inside of the cover exactly where the positive terminal is. Could this have been shorting out anything of would it have to hit the frame some where? Also I put to layers of black electrical tape completely over the positive terminal. Will this suffice?

Thanks again everyone

Dave

Old 04-25-2012, 06:36 PM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by dbcoooper
Update - Took the battery in and had it tested. Everyone was right it was toast. Bought a deka for $159.00. Installed and the bike fired right up real quick. Thanks everyone.

One last question. After reading a lot of post about the charging system and batteries, I noticed while inspecting my battery cover that there appeared to be some rubbing(fresh rubs where the black paint has been removed) to the inside of the cover exactly where the positive terminal is. Could this have been shorting out anything of would it have to hit the frame some where? Also I put two layers of black electrical tape completely over the positive terminal. Will this suffice?

Thanks again everyone

Dave
Thought I would bump this up rather that repost as I think it is dying lol. After searching I cant seem to find any suggestions to my above question.

Thanks again guys.

Dave

Old 04-25-2012, 06:50 PM
jeffrob07
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Try splicing tape. It's a little thicker than electrical tape, it's like rubber tape.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 AM
dbcoooper
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jeffrob07
Try splicing tape. It's a little thicker than electrical tape, it's like rubber tape.
Thank I will look for this tape.

Dave