Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vance Hines Pops

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 636 Likes on 327 Posts

Alot of dealers suck at tuning period!! When i had my Night train i went with the vance and hines big shots and dealer did the download and some dyno time! Well i had a ton of decel pops ,black smoke and you could smell the Fuel..

Old 05-04-2012, 08:41 AM
DeerTexas
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rooti
To the original OP. If you want it dialed in and are willing to drive 2 hours them PM me.
PM sent.

Old 05-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Divinitus
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm confused here, to the people who had dealer dyno time with a flash and/or no tuner module, what did you expect? It's my understanding that all of the dyno time in the world won't fix popping/lean running unless there is also a tuning module of some kind installed for them to actually "tune".

I think dealers are intentionally ambiguous on tuning sometimes. Dealer near me sold my buddy a SERT and one hour of labor for install, but he was under the impression his bike was tuned for his setup, but dealer just uploaded a canned map and told him it was dyno tuned, then told him they didn't have a dyno, which they do, I've seen it! Lol

Old 05-04-2012, 01:30 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is no way anybody can properly tune a bike in a hour. Most people don't do enough research to get the best outcome for the buck.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Divinitus
I'm confused here, to the people who had dealer dyno time with a flash and/or no tuner module, what did you expect? It's my understanding that all of the dyno time in the world won't fix popping/lean running unless there is also a tuning module of some kind installed for them to actually "tune".

I think dealers are intentionally ambiguous on tuning sometimes. Dealer near me sold my buddy a SERT and one hour of labor for install, but he was under the impression his bike was tuned for his setup, but dealer just uploaded a canned map and told him it was dyno tuned, then told him they didn't have a dyno, which they do, I've seen it! Lol
A BIKE CANNOT BE "DYNOED" WITHOUT A TUNER OR TUNING MODULE. The stage 1 download is just that, a download that is loaded into the ECM to change the air fuel ratio from stock, however it still has to conform to the EPA standards so it usually will pop on deceleration. If you did have a Dyno tune then you must have gotten a scremin' eagle tuner and a Dyno tune. A good tuner will be able to tune the bike so it will not pop, usually in an hour as well, but the more time the bike spends on the dyno the better it will run.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:31 PM
J.Sizer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I think my drag bike has been on Dyno less times than some people on this forums street bike.lol