Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speedo, tach, horn, directional stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Frank1911
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speedo, tach, horn, directional stopped working

Help....
I have a 2004 Dyna low-rider (carb version) that I just purchased and it has been awesome....however today I ran into some pretty strong storms and after getting totally soaked about three times, I noticed that my tach had stopped working....shortly after the speedo stopped as well. Further checking revealed that the horn, directionals, brake light and odometer were not working as well. Additionally the turn signal are on steady on both sides.
The headlight and taillight work and the bike runs fine.......It has dried out now and is still the same.
Fuses (that I can fine) are good.
HELP.....
Thanks

Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by Frank1911
Help....
I have a 2004 Dyna low-rider (carb version) that I just purchased and it has been awesome....however today I ran into some pretty strong storms and after getting totally soaked about three times, I noticed that my tach had stopped working....shortly after the speedo stopped as well. Further checking revealed that the horn, directionals, brake light and odometer were not working as well. Additionally the turn signal are on steady on both sides.
The headlight and taillight work and the bike runs fine.......It has dried out now and is still the same.
Fuses (that I can fine) are good.
HELP.....
Thanks
I'd change the accessory and instrument fuses to begin with.

If this doesn't help, check if you have power at pin 1 (orange/white) and pin 6 (orange) at the 12 pin harness ==> speedo connector.

If no power found at the harness connector pins 1 and 6, take off the fuse board to check for power, corrosion and bad connections

Old 08-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 77 Posts

Believe it or not, I had something very similar recently. Long story short, it was in my ignition switch. There was enough corrosion on the contacts they weren't making good contact. Once I cleaned the **** out of em and put it back together, it's been flawless.

I can't remember, does the Low Rider have a dash or neck mounted ignition switch?