Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Conleys Retro Tsport fairing.. installed..

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 11:26 AM
arejay86
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know i've looked at the website before, but i dont remember. did the visor come painted like that already? I would def say move the headlight out so its flush with the front of the fairing, but its also cool the way it sits. as far as moving it foward, you could get a piece of steel square tube from the hardwar store n cut it n drill it as you need.
I've found that the hardware store is alot more useful than ordering kits n what not for relocating stuff. good luck and put up some pictures of it when you get the light the way you want it!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by arejay86
I know i've looked at the website before, but i dont remember. did the visor come painted like that already? I would def say move the headlight out so its flush with the front of the fairing, but its also cool the way it sits. as far as moving it foward, you could get a piece of steel square tube from the hardwar store n cut it n drill it as you need.
I've found that the hardware store is alot more useful than ordering kits n what not for relocating stuff. good luck and put up some pictures of it when you get the light the way you want it!

That is a very good point. The headlight definitely needs to be moved forward though for the proper look.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Lefty79
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gartec81
so i think i will get the headlight relocation kit from arlen ness and adjust the fairing to that kits position.

also I think i will get a frenched headlight trim ring in black to go with this fairing.
Looks good man. I think you are on the right track with this idea.

If you put a lot of miles on your bike it doesn't hurt to spend a little extra dough on something specifically made, and by a quality manufacturer. That way you can just make the changes and not sweat if its gonna hold up to the abuse.

Last edited by Lefty79; 12-01-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member
Received 835 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by arejay86
I know i've looked at the website before, but i dont remember. did the visor come painted like that already? I would def say move the headlight out so its flush with the front of the fairing, but its also cool the way it sits. as far as moving it forward, you could get a piece of steel square tube from the hardware store n cut it n drill it as you need.
I asked for the windshield to be painted. Could of got it clear. I like the black out look. I ordered the Arlen ness relocation kit. So I will try that first.

Really, Conelys makes a relocation kit.. I will be waitng on them to adjust my headlight

Last edited by gartec81; 12-06-2012 at 03:55 AM.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:14 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by micahpop
I was going to say, the only thing I didn't like about it was the headlight position. Glad you are trying to get it out and up.

How about something unconventional like this?

Nice. I would think I would get lots of vibration through the wrench. But maybe this is the answer to the headlight problem. I can see this working. How would I get no vibes though.

I have no drill, no lathe and nothing to cut metal blocks with.

My idea was to use the Arlen kit and put my stock block on it to bring the headlight go out and up.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:36 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lefty79
Looks good man. I think you are on the right track with this idea.

Yep

Old 12-02-2012, 12:20 PM
_LostSoul_
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good! I'm still waiting on the fairing i ordered from him 9 weeks ago...

Old 12-02-2012, 01:03 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member

Yeah I waited 10 Weeks and the fork clamps are still not in yet

Old 12-02-2012, 07:16 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member

BUFFETING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF

ok so I know the headlight is not adjusted properly but, with the fairing the lowerst possible I get buffeting major. with the fairing raised to the top of the triple tree I get buffeting. no good right now. I feel like vertigo and i just rode down the street.

so would a taller windshield help this? Im 6'4 so i stick up there pretty far when riding. what are some thought on getting ride of buffeting. maybe its because the headlight is not closing the hole so lots of air is rushing in? I dont know, couldnt make it down the street

Old 12-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 45 Likes on 43 Posts

I got buffeting with the 10" shield that was on my T when I bought it. Replaced with a 14" and it is much better granted I am not nearly as tall as you. I only had issues with that on the freeway at 80 or more.

Quick Reply: Conleys Retro Tsport fairing.. installed..