Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about dyna-tec ignition

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:43 PM
ZROADSTER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about dyna-tec ignition

Installed on my 02 Wide Glide and now the little red light on the dash that comes on after you turn on the ignition & then goes out after about 3-seconds , stays on until I start the bike & then it goes out . Is this ok , or has it been installed incorrectly or do I have a bad ignition module from Dyna -tec ?
Thanks.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 PM
tree88
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you mean the little red key looking light- mine does that too,always just assumed it was because the alarm fried when the voltage regulator took out my last ignition (crane)- but if it makes you feel any better, mine has had the ignition on it (and light issue) for about 4000 miles (unfortunately that has been over the course of 3yrs). when there is a problem with the daytona twin-tec ignition it will flash codes on the check engine light- be sure to keep the information that came with the unit, as the codes are kinda hard to find online.

hope this helps.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 AM
ZROADSTER
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tree88
if you mean the little red key looking light- mine does that too,always just assumed it was because the alarm fried when the voltage regulator took out my last ignition (crane)- but if it makes you feel any better, mine has had the ignition on it (and light issue) for about 4000 miles (unfortunately that has been over the course of 3yrs). when there is a problem with the daytona twin-tec ignition it will flash codes on the check engine light- be sure to keep the information that came with the unit, as the codes are kinda hard to find online.

hope this helps.

Will do , thanks !