Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna trade in?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 08:09 PM
therealjohnny5
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dyna trade in?

I think I may be going crazy...I've had my 2013 Street Bob since March. Already logged 8,000+ miles. She runs like a champ. I bought a 48 last October with a full MSRP trade in deal on a new big twin. So I came out pretty much on top with the trade in. But I can't get away from my love of the 48. Lately I've really been getting into to older style bobbers. And I love the look of the 48. I really enjoyed it when I had it but traded for two reasons, one so the girl I was with would be more comfortable, and two because I'm a daily rider. I don't have and don't want a car. And I love to ride...

So here I am, about to change out my tires on my Bob, and all I can think of is my desire to either build a real stripped down bobber either from scratch or off of a sportster, or trade in and mod a sportster. My bob is basically stock except for a sissy bar I had made and mustang seats. I love it. The added weight really makes it more comfortable and I love to ride it. I picked it bc it was closest to the sportster in handling and had the long haul capabilities.

I'm about to change my wheels out on it to fatter 130 and a 180. I've already stripped my front fender off. But I keep going back to the sportster in my mind. Maybe bc it was my first bike. But I loved everything about it.

Again my big factors at this point are if it can be my daily rider and the realities of that peanut tank. And no I'm not interested in changing it out if i got one again. I like the 2.1 look. decisions decisions decisions....

I realize I'm in the dyna thread, but what are you guys thoughts? I'm going to do some test rides agains soon. But I had the 48 long enough that i know the bike. I'm single right now and don't know\ care if my next lady wants to ride. And I'm not a bagger guy. It's just not me. So there you have it...reply one my friends.

Old 09-14-2013, 08:25 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I think the 48 is one of the best looking HDs ever made. However for a daily rider the dyna wins hands down.

Old 09-14-2013, 10:11 PM
bdtaylor1979
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 228 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by missedem
I think the 48 is one of the best looking HDs ever made. However for a daily rider the dyna wins hands down.
Agreed. I would get rid of that small tank as soon as possible if I got a 48.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:33 PM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 728 Likes on 404 Posts

Its a lot easier to make a Street Bob look like a 48 than it is to make a 48 ride like a Street Bob.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:31 AM
Wakko47
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

Can you store two bikes? You can buy an older Sporty pretty inexpensively and make it how you want it.

Old 09-15-2013, 12:43 AM
outlaw16
Cruiser

In the end you've got to do what makes you happy. Life is too f'ng short. Additionally, you may be like me who invested close to $1,000 so my wife would enjoy riding more as a passenger and she still will only ride once a month or so. Not really the return either of us were looking for. So, does your significant other really ride that much with you? I would have to agree both with Wakko and Reindeer. First, if you have the funds and space, why not have two bikes? I can't imagine a better way to spend money and time than on a bobber build based around a sporty engine. Wish I could do it. Otherwise, it seems to me that the dyna offers you more versatility, basically, three bikes for the price of 1 and 1/2 (stripped done bobber style, daily commuter, touring).

Anyway, just my opinion. Good luck with the decision.

-R

Old 09-15-2013, 02:44 AM
HYPR
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Funny you should start this thread. The other day I saw what from a distance was 3 48's however when I came close it was obvious the farthest was a FXDB. The tank gave it away but here is what the owner had done. Fat blacked out spoke wheels and tires, a set of short black 2 into 2 upswept pipes with drilled brushed heat shields and the rear fender had been cut. The limp Dick tail light apparently fell off with the section of fender that got the ax. The signals were gloss black with LED lenses. Bike had a black fork brace and flat bars. All the chrome was done in gloss black.
This bike was sinister looking and totally bad ***!
Goes to show with some imagination you can do anything.
Bob

Old 09-15-2013, 05:31 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Get both bikes.
You couldn't pry my SB from me.

Old 09-15-2013, 01:14 PM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by stilup
Get both bikes.
You couldn't pry my SB from me.
did not want to highjack thread so sent PM regarding cobra tuning unit.. thanks

Old 09-30-2013, 02:12 PM
therealjohnny5
Cruiser

Well my heated moment of conflict passed. I just got out and rode. I really can't part with my bob. But what I did decide is I'm going to go for the bobber in the garage. I think I may go with a XS650 build since they're cheap and easy to come by. Make a rigid for putting around town. I'd do it with a Sportster, but i can get the same thing for cheaper with a metric. That'd be the only way I can afford two bikes in the garage! Thanks for being a sounding board guys.

Quick Reply: Dyna trade in?