Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone used Big Boyz head porting?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 09:37 AM
Guitarman_sg
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 80 Posts
Default Has anyone used Big Boyz head porting?

I was thinking of getting my heads ported and polished. I had a buddy tell me about these guys. http://bigboyzheadporting.com/index.php Seems like a low price to get this work done. I was just wondering if anyone had used them and how was the quality of work. And I guess is this really cheap for the work or is it pretty much what I should expect to spend? I have not done a lot of research on this yet. Thanks for the help!

Old 10-31-2013, 11:57 AM
Reindeer
Supporter
Received 727 Likes on 403 Posts

I haven't used them but I did research them while I was shopping for head porters last winter. They seem to have a decent reputation, at least for what you're paying for it. I don't think he flow benches the heads, and I'm sure thats part of what keeps the cost down. Might be wrong on that though.

I ended up going with WFOLarry (www.larrysmotorcyclemachine.com) and was very happy with the results. Most head porters have various levels of porting depending on your goals and the cams you're using, as well as your budget.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:58 PM
target64
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

called them to discus some head work, its a light port job using your stock valves and correcting the compression for any cam that you might use. starting talking about changing the valve sizes and bean told me its not necessary. most rider will not run there engine like race bikes. and I was looking for more and the lets say the conversation did not go well. so I called around to a lot of head porters and had some great conversations with wes at cycle rama, Kirby at veetwin , Kendal Johnson customs and scott at hillside. they are all very knowledgeable and know how to make power. so its depends on what you are looking for but I wanted more than a polish job!!

Old 11-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Guitarman_sg
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 80 Posts

Thanks for the input guys! Looks like I will be doing a little more research before I get anything done.

Old 11-04-2013, 01:22 PM
HD Pilot
Elite HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitarman_sg
Thanks for the input guys! Looks like I will be doing a little more research before I get anything done.
I have looked at getting my heads worked on too. There are a lot of head porters out there with good reputations and from what I have read, you get what you pay for. So if you want small improvements you pay less, big improvements you pay more - kinda need to decide what your goal is and pay accordingly.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:48 PM
zimm
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm very happy with Scott at Hillside machine. Great communications, friendly and knowledgeable, did the work fast and shipped them back to me. I had my cylinders bored, stage 1 on the heads, and a bunch of parts (gaskets/pistons/lifters/pushrods/dyna ignition/etc) at a great price.

I haven't had a chance to put the motor back together yet- maybe this weekend.

He told me his stage 1 and 2 are similar- as in they both get the same kind of porting, new valves, seals, springs, etc. But the stage 2 gets flow benched, polished and I guess a little more tweaked- but the difference wasn't worth the extra money to me for a street bike.

Here's stage 1 on my evo heads: