Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

super glide forward controls

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2013, 03:47 PM
fullswedge
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default super glide forward controls

Hello all:

I just got a 2013 super glide custom with mid controls, I think i would be more comfy with forward controls. Is this something joe average can do or should it be a dealer install? Thank you all...

Old 12-11-2013, 03:50 PM
Jonesee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts

Forward controls are not more comfy. They are more stylish.
Leave your mid-controls on and add forward pegs at the proper distance for your inseam and comfort. Very simple to add.

I have forward controls and add the mid-pegs for long trips.

Old 12-11-2013, 03:59 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

It depends on who you ask, some people swear by forwards, some don't. I prefer running with mids but I also have forward pegs mounted for an occasional stretch.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:34 PM
PistolPete83
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I had mids with highway pegs and hated it...always got cramps and hit my legs on the mid pegs all the time....switched to forwards loved them but now switched to footboards...there are many threads on how to install so shouldnt be too difficult...however i had mine done through the dealer

Old 12-11-2013, 04:41 PM
Harley Tim
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had "Mids" and "Fwds" but finally ended up with footboards. I bought mine by the piece at a time (before the MoCo came out with the kit).

The bottom line is; To me, having been down that road, the foot boards are the best of both worlds. They allow you to be able to shift your feet fwd or back for leg comfort and are overall, just more comfortable!

The price is about the same as fwds and, you'll really appreciate the on a long ride.

But, that's just me..... Although they aren't as "stylish"...

Hope this helps...

Best wishes....Tim(HT)

Old 12-11-2013, 05:20 PM
floridamk
Tourer

I had mid controls, installed forwards controls but did not like them and went back to mids.

You should be able to handle the install yourself!

Old 12-11-2013, 05:24 PM

i love my forwards, i'm 6'1 and need the stretch. mid's cramp me up.

Old 12-11-2013, 05:36 PM
outlaw16
Cruiser

Moving my controls from mid to forward was my first project on my 2008 FXD five years ago. I used the H-D kit where I had to remove the outer and inner primary covers which was a daunting task for me (as I was just starting out). I think with other kits you not have to pull the inner primary case off.
The shop manual for your bike will be an indispensable tool for as long as you have your bike if you don't have it already. You will also need to either purchase the primary locking bar or I've heard you can measure and cut a 2x4 for the same purpose (if you use the HD kit). There are other people on this forum with much more technical experience that can provide feedback if you decide to go through with the mod.
Good luck!

Old 12-11-2013, 06:40 PM
Two Lane Tramp
Road Master
Received 270 Likes on 160 Posts

If you install the heel rest, the forward will act just like a floor board. I had problems dragging floorboards and the heel rest is adjustable. You can see them in this tab pic if you click on the picture. Kuryakan makes them. I am not very mechanical and am able to do a simple install like controls.

Attached Thumbnails super glide forward controls-0605131754-01.jpg  
Old 12-11-2013, 06:50 PM
Harley Tim
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Two Lane Tramp
If you install the heel rest, the forward will act just like a floor board. I had problems dragging floorboards and the heel rest is adjustable. You can see them in this tab pic if you click on the picture. Kuryakan makes them. I am not very mechanical and am able to do a simple install like controls.
NOT SO! imo...Your feet are still "planted in one location.

Tim

Quick Reply: super glide forward controls