Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Push..push it good...

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 PM
bikediva
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Push..push it good...

OK...question here with honest answers please. Do you ever have to get a "push" on your bike? This is the only area where I have trouble with my bike. I have a Low Rider and sometimes I get in a situation where I need a push back to move the bike. I am only 105lbs and 5'3"...so feet aren't totally flat. I love my bike, but find myself intimadated sometimes with parking situations. Would lowering the bike help? In your opinion, is my bike too big to me? Please don't say it's true

Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 PM
05 Wd Gld
Tourer
Default RE: Push..push it good...

ORIGINAL: bikediva

OK...question here with honest answers please. Do you ever have to get a "push" on your bike? This is the only area where I have trouble with my bike. I have a Low Rider and sometimes I get in a situation where I need a push back to move the bike. I am only 105lbs and 5'3"...so feet aren't totally flat. I love my bike, but find myself intimadated sometimes with parking situations. Would lowering the bike help? In your opinion, is my bike too big to me? Please don't say it's true
diva,
My wife is on the short side. 5-4. She rides a low rider and after I had it lowered about an inch in the rear she loved it. She said it made all the difference in the world for her. To the point in not having confidence to feeling very confident. I would go with lower rear shocks and see how you like it. And yes, I have still had to give her a push back once in a while. I don't think that I have since it was lowered though.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:03 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i admit, i have to have the wife give me a push back sometimes on the UC. course, she has to earn her way somehow!

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/2F624FF4BB0549C5B8C5754BBFA9E2A1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/12616/5DF3C4996502401490C73761032E573B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-27-2007, 11:07 PM
05 Wd Gld
Tourer

I was also going to comment that this thread should get a ton of hits. How can you not read a thread with that title posted by a woman.............

Old 03-28-2007, 12:00 AM
Gary_L
Advanced

Some thicker, Vibram soled boots might help you in the interim. I hope you're not wearing slick soled boots or shoes.

I think lowering the rear is a good idea. You need to be able to put your feet flat on the ground.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:47 AM
LowriderT
Cruiser

Isn't there a seat that will lower you and put you more forward to get your feet on the ground? If so you could at least try the seat instead of spending the money on shocks to see if you more comfortable lower.

Old 03-28-2007, 12:49 AM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As small as you are, I think your doing fine. It is just natural for you to maybe need a push if the ground is a bit uneven or something.

Keep riding and you will get better at it.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:12 AM
turtlebug
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: bikediva

BikeDiva,

I too am 5'3" and have a low rider. I had both the front and back lowered and I can flat foot it. I haven't had to have anyone give me a push yet.

Hope this helps.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:11 AM
bikediva
Novice

Thanks for all the comments. I do wear a good boot with thick soles and they have helped. I also had the reach seat installed when I bought the bike. Does lowering the bike change the handling? I know that once you lower the rear you can't ride two up-but I never carry passengers anyway. Do I need to lower both front and rear for the best handling? Thanks.

Old 03-28-2007, 09:30 AM
risdo
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't mean to be a smart-alec, but if you're parking on a slight incline, just try backing it in. Let gravity work for you.

If the reach seat isn't enough, yes, you may have to lower it, but it's not that big of a deal.

(I'm 6'4", but my wife's only 5'1", so I have a vague idea of what you're dealing with)

Quick Reply: Push..push it good...