Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle camping

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 08:01 PM
Elemental13
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motorcycle camping

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm leaving for 12 days on a motorcycle camping trip with about 10 guys we are leaving tomorrow morning and heading to South Carolina and maybe even further if we have time, but definitly hitting the blue ridge parkway,I'm going to be the only one camping. I'll upload pictures as I can and a full review when I return

Old 05-29-2014, 11:16 PM
kennyflhr
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Elemental13
Just wanted to let everyone know I'm leaving for 12 days on a motorcycle camping trip with about 10 guys we are leaving tomorrow morning and heading to South Carolina and maybe even further if we have time, but definitly hitting the blue ridge parkway,I'm going to be the only one camping. I'll upload pictures as I can and a full review when I return
HA! Me too! Leaving AR for Darlington SC in the morning!

Old 05-30-2014, 12:19 AM
FXD_noob
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribed! Have safe trip fellas, and post 'dem pics!

Old 05-30-2014, 01:12 AM
rogersachs
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Elemental13
Buy the best air matress you can afford. Many specialty camping stores have light weight , compressable , air matresses . Expect to pay $150 or more. But its worth it as far as I am concerned. My matress for motercycle camping costs more than my tent( Kelty 4 man). The tubes run width wise instead of lengthwise.
Roger

Old 05-30-2014, 06:55 AM
JohnnyRebKY
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rogersachs
Buy the best air matress you can afford. Many specialty camping stores have light weight , compressable , air matresses . Expect to pay $150 or more. But its worth it as far as I am concerned. My matress for motercycle camping costs more than my tent( Kelty 4 man). The tubes run width wise instead of lengthwise.
Roger
Amen! Air mattress is worth it's weight in gold after a long day on the road. I love camping but the hard ground just doesn't do it for me.

Yall have fun

Old 05-30-2014, 07:45 AM
steelpix
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Have fun. I was thinking of getting this tent that has a built bay to park and protect your bike. Plus it gives you a place to work on your bike or just sit ot what ever.

http://redverz.com/

Attached Thumbnails Motorcycle camping-capture.jpg  
Old 05-30-2014, 08:58 AM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Im doing a trip with 3 others and we are camping 9 nights. I bought a backpacking air mattress that wasn't cheap. We have one hotel booked, the one in Monument Valley. I'm not sure how I'll hold up that man nights in the tent but with the rides we have planned it's going to be fun.

Old 05-30-2014, 12:16 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Did almost three weeks in a tent on the way out and back from Sturgis after a few side trips. I did take showers at truck stops and/or campgrounds. I did not have an inflatable mattress, just a self inflating sleeping pad. It was not bad at all, really. Last weekend I took a three day trip in the mountains with the GF, forgot any sleeping pads at all somehow. She was not happy and I can verify sleeping in a sleeping bag directly on the ground after a long day on the bike sucks. Also, having to sleep in my leather jacket because my bag was only rated to 55 and it got down into the 40's was also not a great experience. The trip itself was a blast, would do it over again under the same conditions anytime. Have fun

Old 05-30-2014, 12:29 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

souds like a blast wish I could go! Be safe out there!

Old 05-30-2014, 12:54 PM
The Dali
Cruiser

Originally Posted by overhead
Did almost three weeks in a tent on the way out and back from Sturgis after a few side trips. I did take showers at truck stops and/or campgrounds. I did not have an inflatable mattress, just a self inflating sleeping pad. It was not bad at all, really. Last weekend I took a three day trip in the mountains with the GF, forgot any sleeping pads at all somehow. She was not happy and I can verify sleeping in a sleeping bag directly on the ground after a long day on the bike sucks. Also, having to sleep in my leather jacket because my bag was only rated to 55 and it got down into the 40's was also not a great experience. The trip itself was a blast, would do it over again under the same conditions anytime. Have fun

And I assume you are now currently single...

Quick Reply: Motorcycle camping