Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Demon Cycles El Diablo 16" pic

Old 07-04-2014, 06:56 PM
Kraig76
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demon Cycles El Diablo 16" pic

I did quite a bit of research on these bars, but finding pics was a chore. I know Demon gets some pretty bad reviews online, but I was lucky enough to see the bars in person last week on a Wide Glide, and I thought they looked great so I bought 'em. I used the Burly 16" cable kit and the install took me about 8 hours, but I took my time, soldered wires (which were unnecessary, btw), and fought fishing electrical through bars with less than 90° bends. I've just got the one pic for now, but if you want more just let me know. If you have questions, I'm happy to answer.
And I want to thank ajpointless for his write up over here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/frame...on-a-dyna.html

Old 07-04-2014, 07:19 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hey bro, those bars are bad as*, I have the same ones in 14", then I ended up adding 1.5" riser extensions.

Word of advice, I dont think the chrome job is done too well on these, I am getting rust spots in the corners both on top and bottom of the bars. I thought at first it was probably due to the high humidity in FL, but I am still getting it here in SoCal. Every wash on the bike I have to use some fine steel wool to get off the surface rust, then I put a very thin layer of grease over the trouble spots, that seems to slow down the process a lot!

Old 07-04-2014, 10:26 PM
Kraig76
Intermediate

Thanks for the heads up... I do 95% of my cleaning with Pledge and microfiber, so hopefully that will help... I'll be pissed off if they start rusting, but for right now I like them enough that I'd take them to a shop in town and have them done up proper...

Old 07-04-2014, 11:47 PM
dublenut
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have some 14 also I did notice that's the chrome could have been better. No rust spots yet. Like the op I do most of my cleaning with pledge. Still some badass bars

Old 07-04-2014, 11:48 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

Demon Cycles = crap. Just sayin

Nut they look good for a few months

Old 07-05-2014, 07:40 AM
Kraig76
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ramhunter9
Demon Cycles = crap. Just sayin

Nut they look good for a few months
Thanks for the educated, well thought out reply. Your informative input has been very helpful.

Last edited by Kraig76; 07-05-2014 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:35 PM
! rock103 !
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 174 Likes on 84 Posts

Mine are still cherry. And some of the best looking bars IMHO

Old 07-05-2014, 11:09 PM
futat2
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Looks good. Ive been thinking about ordering these in black. My question is, With the 16" Burly kit are the throttle wires and brake line long enough to follow the contour of the bars(zip tied to the bar to keep shape)? Thanks for the post and any help.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:46 AM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Kraig76
Thanks for the heads up... I do 95% of my cleaning with Pledge and microfiber, so hopefully that will help... I'll be pissed off if they start rusting, but for right now I like them enough that I'd take them to a shop in town and have them done up proper...
Pledge, I remember reading about this, is it the orange pledge?

How was the wiring job on your bars? When I did mine I got one side through fairly easy, but the other side was a complete PITA!

Old 07-06-2014, 07:44 PM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

My Diablos have held up great since installing them February 2013. I had mine recoated from the stock flat-black to gloss-black by Joe @ The Powder Pro before installing them. I get compliments on these bars all the time and even had someone follow me for miles and pull in behind me at a gas station just to ask me what bars I had.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Demon Cycles El Diablo 16" pic