Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reduced reach kit for forward controls

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 04:10 PM
usaf_branham
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reduced reach kit for forward controls

So, I installed the Harley reduced reach kit for forward controls. Easy enough to install... a huge pain to remove. I had them on for a week, but i decided that i actually prefer to have my feet stretched out.

Man oh man... the locktite HD puts on those bolts are NO JOKE. I torqued them to spec and when I tried to remove them, I stripped the internal wrenching stars out of two of the bolts. Needless to say, I had to drill the heads off and use vice grips to remove the bolts.

Even though the relocation blocks, peg re-locator, and brake rod are in perfect condition, the local Harley dealership wont allow me to return the product... because they didn't install it. Go figure.

Now I have it up on ebay, trying to get as much of my money back as possible. I want to get a set of the Heel Raiser pegs. I figure I can kick the stirrups out when I am just cruising around, and flip them back in when I dont want them out. So, if you guys know anyone who is looking for the reduced reach conversion kit for forward controls, please let them know I have a set up on ebay. I paid nearly $180 for them with shipping and have them listed with no reserve.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:02 PM
bessee
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just installed this kit on a 2008 FXDF. I'm 5'7" and a 27" inseam. The stretch was unworkable. This kit DOES resolve the issue. There are two problems installing this kit on a stock FXDF.

1.)The modified brake rod in the kit WILL NOT fit with the stock OEM exhaust headers - so if you're not re-piping don't bother with this kit.

2.) The modified brake rod included in the kit is not threaded on the end the full length of the shaft - only about 75% of the threaded shaft is truly threaded. WTF? This leaves you VERY LITTLE adjustment for the brake pedal.

For the price they charge you'd think the engineering would be a little better. I bought it because I figured the MOCO would engineer it to be a true conversion.

BEWARE -Before spending any money check pictures of this kit installed on a bike with
your brand of pipes installed. Allow for plenty of forward room on the front header at the control mounts. I used Rinehart Crossbacks.

PS - if you are installing the Rinehart Crossbacks and you have a short inseam order the Titanium Heat Shield because you WILL burn your calf on the front cylinder header (yes, even with the factory heat shields installed).

Old 07-27-2014, 10:50 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm 5'7" also and I made my reduced reach adapters. I just borrowed a bike with em on it and copied the adapters. I use the kuryakyn forward controls and the brake arm has 2 adjustments. I did not need the brake rod. I did have to remove some of the metal toward the bottom but it can not be seen.
I did not encounter any install problems.
I even added the kuryakyn foot peg floor boards. That did it for me. I'm good now.