Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEAE HELP 2009 FXDF won't start

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 03:00 PM
kainvamp
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default PLEAE HELP 2009 FXDF won't start

Hello everyone, I just got this bike last weekend and have been riding it all week without problem. I went out for a ride today and noticed my check engine light on and the bike was running really rough. I pulled over tried checking the plug wires and ecm codes. The only codes I'm getting is 107 and 122. I got the bike back home, and now it wont even start again. It turns over and backfires. I have been searching and cannot figure out this problem! if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Old 07-24-2014, 05:26 PM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by kainvamp
Hello everyone, I just got this bike last weekend and have been riding it all week without problem. I went out for a ride today and noticed my check engine light on and the bike was running really rough. I pulled over tried checking the plug wires and ecm codes. The only codes I'm getting is 107 and 122. I got the bike back home, and now it wont even start again. It turns over and backfires. I have been searching and cannot figure out this problem! if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!
Start with the basics. Do you have spark? If so do you have fuel?

P0107 Map Sensor Open/Low
P0122 TPS1 Low

Take the air cleaner assy off and inspect your Throttle Position Sensor and do the same for the map sensor. That's just to see if anything is broken, disconnected or possibly come loose.

You say you haven't had it long?

Old 07-24-2014, 09:15 PM
kainvamp
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I don't know what the problem was exacly, I took a lot apart including the gas tank console apart, checked the map and tps sensors, which were fine on a volt meter. Inspected all wiring behind the electrical box, put everything back together and the bike started up, no check engine light. The only codes I have now are for the lack of o2 sensors, which I don't have hooked up. I rode the bike a couple miles, runs awesome. I don't know, either I fixed something putting it all back together, or it was PFM. Either way I'm relieved my bike is fine. Hopefully it stays that way!

Old 07-24-2014, 09:19 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Do you have a fuel manger?
Like a PCV, etc...
Moisture will do the exact same thing.
If you do did you use dielectric grease? if not use it.