Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LePera Barebones question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 09:31 AM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LePera Barebones question

It looks like the barebones seat and SILHOUETTE solo are identical according to the pictures on the LePera website.

Does anyone know if the barebones is really that much lower,harder, more etc?

Deciding which seat to get. If I travel more than 40 miles I will throw on the stock seat but just wanted something for around town.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:22 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

They are not the same and the pictures on La Pera's website show the difference. The Silhouette Solo has a seam that runs along the outside edge of the top of the seat. The Bare Bones does not have this seam.
FWIW, I have the Bare Bones and find it very comfortable, even on rides much longer than 40 miles. I have never ridden on a Silhouette model but I suspect the seam I mentioned might dig into my thigh on a long ride, and that would probably be uncomfortable.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:19 AM
DJY
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Short rides, it's really hard to beat. I have done longer rides with it and survived.

Old 09-11-2014, 11:21 AM
1BRAVO9
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 579 Likes on 270 Posts

I have a barebones but its on a Softail. I find it very comfortable for barhopping but much more than that it gets kind of hard.

Old 09-11-2014, 03:06 PM
USMC_ech110
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I took my barebones on an 90 mile ride last week and by the end of the ride I was happy it was over. Anything over a 100 miles I'll throw my stock seat on .

Old 09-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Ape_Hanger
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I speak from experience when I tell you they're for short rides unless your butt cheeks are made of granite and your tail bone titanium. 50 miles and under was no problem, but over that and riding wasn't all that enjoyable.

I've been doing the solo to 2up seat swap and decided it was time to move to something that works better across the board. I've moved to a Mustang Vintage solo for 90% of the time, and I got the removable passenger seat and quick detach sissy bar for when my wife or oldest daughter wanna ride. It allows me the comfort and seating position that I prefer of a solo seat while allowing the option to ride 2up. Regular 2up seats move me too far forward.

I know, not what ya asked but I figured I'd share my experiences with ya anyway.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:17 PM
CACruiserHD
Cruiser

ok thanks everyone.
I found the barebones one for $145 shipped so figured that was a good price but kept looking at the Silhouette Solo thinking it had more cushion but maybe its just a design difference. I see the stitching is different after jmb79 mentioned it.

I already have the harley pillion and detachable backrest so I will keep that setup on longer rides (with stock seat). But when I run around town I wanted a better looking seat. Guess I'll order the barebones and see how it goes.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:45 PM
nathanw
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the barebones with gel. I have no problem spending all day in the saddle.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:53 PM
fxrnutt
Tourer
Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

I had a barebones on my FXR and anymore than 50 miles would put your *** to sleep.

Old 09-11-2014, 10:02 PM
apetterez
Road Captain

Great looks horrible ride my *** hurts every day. But like women wear heels to look good even tho the hurt. That's why we run bricks as seats
Originally Posted by CACruiserHD
It looks like the barebones seat and SILHOUETTE solo are identical according to the pictures on the LePera website.

Does anyone know if the barebones is really that much lower,harder, more etc?

Deciding which seat to get. If I travel more than 40 miles I will throw on the stock seat but just wanted something for around town.

Quick Reply: LePera Barebones question