Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Faring windshield options for Low Rider

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 10:02 AM
pointcrossed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Faring windshield options for Low Rider

I am looking at installing either a faring or windshield on my 2014 Low Rider.

Are there any Low Rider owners that have a Faring or windshield installed; what do you have installed, pros and cons if any?

Old 09-14-2014, 09:58 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Originally Posted by pointcrossed
I am looking at installing either a faring or windshield on my 2014 Low Rider.

Are there any Low Rider owners that have a Faring or windshield installed; what do you have installed, pros and cons if any?

I have the HD 58347-06 compact quick removal shield on mine, while not as good as the full fairing on my bmw r1100rt, it does a decent job. they also have a touring shield that I wish I would have bought.

Attached Thumbnails Faring windshield options for Low Rider-dscn1043.jpg   Faring windshield options for Low Rider-dscn1044.jpg   Faring windshield options for Low Rider-dscn1042.jpg  

Last edited by MRFREEZE57; 09-14-2014 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-15-2014, 06:09 AM
pab3rd
Club Member

Received 213 Likes on 147 Posts

Ordered a ARLEN NESS fairing, waiting for it to arrive. Tracking says be here Tuesday, so will install next weekend. Post photos when done.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:32 AM
Adk.IBO
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

MRFreeze57,
What bags and seat are those? They look interesting, and how do they work for you? Thanks.

Stay safe, John

Last edited by Adk.IBO; 09-15-2014 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Added seat to the ?.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:17 AM
jmb79
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are many options for both fairings and windshields. Before purchasing, the op may want to decide what s/he is looking for. A large windshield will probably provide the most protection from wind/elements but may or may not give the right look. Fairings, especially the small 1/4 fairings, often look great but provide significantly less protection, and may just keep the wind off your chest a little.

So, figure out how much protection you want, and how you want the windshield/fairing to look, and then find a product that fits your criteria. There really are a lot of options available.

Old 09-15-2014, 08:18 AM
jcgribks
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered the Road Captain batwing fairing from Dead Center Cycles. They said it shipped last Friday so I should have it by this weekend. Pics to come when I get it installed on my 2003 Low Rider.

Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 AM
2500hdon37s
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,549 Likes on 667 Posts

Personally I have a Memphis shades slim 17in with quick detach. I love it! Just enough protection on the highway to keep a lot of pressure off my hands and chest, as well as some protection from rain. I don't often take it off but it comes off in no joke 5 seconds. Plus it matches fairly well to my street bob.

I tend to steer away from the HD windshields they're thinner and not as solid. My GF's dad has multiple HD windshields for his road king and he says they all flex and buffet some at highway highway speeds. Mine is rock solid.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:27 PM
mecompco
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have the short Harley quick-detach windshield. It takes pressure off your chest and deflects bugs (haven't got a bee sting since it went on). I do get a lot of head buffeting, though. Sorry, don't have a pic with it installed.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:21 PM
pointcrossed
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmb79
There are many options for both fairings and windshields. Before purchasing, the op may want to decide what s/he is looking for. A large windshield will probably provide the most protection from wind/elements but may or may not give the right look. Fairings, especially the small 1/4 fairings, often look great but provide significantly less protection, and may just keep the wind off your chest a little.

So, figure out how much protection you want, and how you want the windshield/fairing to look, and then find a product that fits your criteria. There really are a lot of options available.

Good idea, thanks for the input, I am looking for as much protection as I can get. If the batwing faring can fit, I would definitely go with that. Helps on the FWY.

My first HD from sport bikes from years back so didn't really realize how important a faring/windshield was to my comfort.

Its not really the wind that bothers me, its what is in the wind.

Has anyone put one of these on a late model Low Rider specifically a 2014?

I looked at Memphis Shades, and Dead Center Cycles but not sure if they fit with the adjustable handlebar setup going on. May just take a call to the batwing faring maker to clear up.

Anyone reading this that has one of these on please post pics, and info on bike/faring.

Old 09-15-2014, 09:22 PM
MRFREEZE57
Grand HDF Member
Received 4,082 Likes on 1,910 Posts

Originally Posted by Adk.IBO
MRFreeze57,
What bags and seat are those? They look interesting, and how do they work for you? Thanks.

Stay safe, John
Those are viking bags part# LAM800L, used easy brackets from great bike gear instead of the goofy mounts from viking.
They detach very easy in about 30 sec. are decent quality for the price, I like hard bags more than soft.
the seat is the HD sundowner. stock seat is not bad for rider, however my wife went for a short ride with me on the stock and said it had to go. sundowner is a decent saddle, and is only saddle that I can remember which I can ride ride prolonged periods without by butt being in misery. while the sundowner does take away a bit from the looks of the bike, the comfort is worth it, although I stand 5'7", a guy much taller it may set you too far forward.

Quick Reply: Faring windshield options for Low Rider