Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wide glide seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 12:28 PM
usaf_branham
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wide glide seat

I got a reduced reach seat in the mail today. Well, when sitting on it, I do feel like I am in a more comfortable riding position. The problem is... the seat is ugly. It looks out of place on the bike.

SO... I am wondering if any of you know of a lower profile seat that moves the rider fwd a little bit in comparison to the stock seat. Thanks.

Old 09-16-2014, 07:11 PM
ktrick
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm kinda short, 5'7" with a 2007 FXDC. I replaced the stock seat with a Harley Brawler single seat. Works great, moves you a little closer to the tank and lower. I'd consider it when you're looking. Also looks great and lowers the seat height.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:18 PM
pavespawn
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The seat I am trying to sell actually moved me forward an inch or two. Le Pera Cherokee.

Old 09-16-2014, 10:52 PM
usaf_branham
Intermediate

Yeah... after riding it to work and back, I took the seat off and put the stocker back on. I was way to close to the tank. The 'boys' werent happy about it. I actually think I need something in between the stock seat and the reduced reach seat.

Does anyone have any experience with the mustang vintage solo? I have read conflicting things about it. Almost everything I have read is positive about it being more comfortable. From what I have seen from the pictures, it looks good on the 10+ Wide Glides. What is confusing me is that some people said it moved them back an inch... I definitely dont want to move further back than the stock seat. Yet others state that it moves them fwd an inch.

Do any of you guys have the Mustang Vintage Solo seat on your Wide Glide? I am only 5'6 with a 29 to 30 inch inseam, and I am looking for some honest insight.

Thanks for the offer pavespawn, but that seat isnt my style. I like the solo's with the fender bib / passenger pavillion. The one piece seats look out of place to me.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:21 AM
Sapper364
6th Gear

I just put the Mustang on mine, haven't got it out yet but just sitting on it, it feels much better. The front of the seat is narrower than the stock seat which plants my feet better, the saddle gives better support.
Mine does not seem to move me forward, which I would have liked. I may just send it out and have the seat modified to fit me better.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:40 PM
AlwaysHD
Cruiser

Does nobody really have any problems with the air intake on the WG's?
That's my biggest gripe with these bikes.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:58 PM
retxpres
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I had a custom seat made by Sick Saddles that moved me slightly forward on my 2011 Wide Glide. Much better than stock.

Attached Thumbnails wide glide seat-image.jpg