Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

2011 Heritage Error code B2272

Old 10-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Banglaore
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Heritage Error code B2272

Hi All,

I have a 2011 Heritage and I have DTC code b2272. So I have been trying to diagnose this error for a few weeks now. I have search the forum and it seems there is a few people that have this problem but no one has posted any sort of fix yet. When driving down the road (noticed it first at night) the Headlight goes bright and the speedometer light goes out. Comes back after about 30 secs or so. I have also noticed lately that the dash light will go out for a while longer and the RPM's go up. I have no lose of power and seems to me that the bike is running normal. I carried the bike into HD and they said it was because my grounds where loose. So they tightened them and I didn't see the problem for a couple of days. Then it came back. Pulled the bike apart this weekend and was trying to find any wires that seemed frayed or broken and made sure all connectors where tight and clean. Also made sure the grounds where tight as well. I know the reason the error code is being thrown just don't know what is causing it. I have checked the charging system and it is charging correctly. All my lights are working and everything seems to be fine. One thing I have noticed the past couple of days while riding is that once I reach 3000 rpm's that is when I seem to be the time it happens and then it happens about every 5 - 10 miles after that at any speed then once I exit the freeway and ride around town it no longer happens... I have searched everywhere I can and still no real answers as to why this is happening. If anyone can provide some more info that would be great or a possible fix before I start shelling out cash at different parts that are not the problem.

Thanks