Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

TSSM Reset 2007 FXDB

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 02:22 PM
Cubby89
Tourer
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
Default TSSM Reset 2007 FXDB

Hey guys,

I know this is a very discussed topic and I've found a handful of threads about it but nothing that has worked yet. The other day I installed an LED tail light with integrated signals and now I'm getting the red key on my dash once I use my signals and they are blinking 4 times normal and then speeding up. I didn't install a load equalizer with it which I know is possibly what I'll need to do to fix the problem but in a handful of threads guys have said they fixed the problem by doing a reset on their TSSM. I have an 07 Street Bob with the security system and I've tried a few different versions of what people say should reset it and it won't work. Does anyone know what it should be for my specific bike? I've tried holding the brake while I turn the key on and hitting my signals one right after the other. I've also tried this one (http://www.***********.com/electrica...procedure.html) but when I get to step 4 it's not flashing my lights but showing what I believe is my pin. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've been doing more reading and looking at my electrical manual and it looks like I may just be looking in the wrong places. Since my bike is an 07 it does not have the TSSM, instead it has a TSM and an HFSM. Haven't found a way to reset the TSM yet but will continue looking and if I have any luck will post here for anyone else having the same issue.

Last edited by Cubby89; 12-10-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 08:16 PM
Scott Wayne Jackson
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cubby89
Hey guys,

I know this is a very discussed topic and I've found a handful of threads about it but nothing that has worked yet. The other day I installed an LED tail light with integrated signals and now I'm getting the red key on my dash once I use my signals and they are blinking 4 times normal and then speeding up. I didn't install a load equalizer with it which I know is possibly what I'll need to do to fix the problem but in a handful of threads guys have said they fixed the problem by doing a reset on their TSSM. I have an 07 Street Bob with the security system and I've tried a few different versions of what people say should reset it and it won't work. Does anyone know what it should be for my specific bike? I've tried holding the brake while I turn the key on and hitting my signals one right after the other. I've also tried this one (http://www.***********.com/electrica...procedure.html) but when I get to step 4 it's not flashing my lights but showing what I believe is my pin. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I've been doing more reading and looking at my electrical manual and it looks like I may just be looking in the wrong places. Since my bike is an 07 it does not have the TSSM, instead it has a TSM and an HFSM. Haven't found a way to reset the TSM yet but will continue looking and if I have any luck will post here for anyone else having the same issue.
I m having the same issue. Had this once before. Had to remarry tsm to ecm. But i cant remember how to do that. I is the one that takes 30 mins.

Old 12-18-2018, 08:36 PM
Scott Wayne Jackson
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Found it! Password learn sequence below.

The steps are listed below. This is the one. Hope it works for us both.

Old 05-22-2021, 03:39 PM
streetbobfxdb07
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Streetbob fxdb07

Originally Posted by Cubby89
Hey guys,

hi I am having the exact same problem, have you found a way to fix it yet. Also I know this will sound stupid but what is a TSM & HFSM meaning