Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Glide Pro Motor Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Stingray702
Road Master
Received 486 Likes on 240 Posts
Default Glide Pro Motor Mounts

The motor mount on my FXR needs to be replaced, and since I have to go in there to fix the broken exhaust studs, why not fix this too? So I was looking at the Glide Pro motor mount, and it's a $100. They must be real proud of their ****. Does anyone have any experience with this motor mount on a FXR? Is it worth the extra $80..The engine I have is a 113 S&S, so there's some power down there. Thanks for all your help.

Old 08-13-2018, 05:38 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I'm running an S&S 107" in my old Glide, with stock rubber mounts front and rear. I can however recommend a True-Track kit, which provides support to the mounts, also tightens up handling.

Old 08-13-2018, 09:41 AM
fordhd2005
Road Master
Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Stingray702
The motor mount on my FXR needs to be replaced, and since I have to go in there to fix the broken exhaust studs, why not fix this too? So I was looking at the Glide Pro motor mount, and it's a $100. They must be real proud of their ****. Does anyone have any experience with this motor mount on a FXR? Is it worth the extra $80..The engine I have is a 113 S&S, so there's some power down there. Thanks for all your help.
I don't have experience with a Glide Pro mount on a FXR but I do with them on a touring model and I would advise you to just replace it with a stock one. Although the Glide Pro will probably last the life of the bike, you will most likely feel a dramatic increase in vibrations.

Old 08-13-2018, 11:19 AM
Stingray702
Road Master

that's what I've been hearing..What about the VelvaRide motor mounts??

I just checkout true track..That seems pretty decent. I was actually gonna go with a PM fork brace, because there is some wobble at high speeds..

Old 08-13-2018, 11:26 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Talking

Wobbles up front can often start from the rear. I've been riding with a T-T on my Evo Glide for over ten years now and can assure you it makes a pretty dramatic difference. FXR forks are not the best, by any means, but adding a fork brace should be the cherry on the cake IMHO, but at the moment you need to ice it first! Sorry about the cake references if you're on a diet!!!

Old 08-13-2018, 12:08 PM
Stingray702
Road Master

Originally Posted by grbrown
Wobbles up front can often start from the rear. I've been riding with a T-T on my Evo Glide for over ten years now and can assure you it makes a pretty dramatic difference. FXR forks are not the best, by any means, but adding a fork brace should be the cherry on the cake IMHO, but at the moment you need to ice it first! Sorry about the cake references if you're on a diet!!!
That is a pretty vicious reference..my cheat day was yesterday and I didn't eat any cake..now it's just regret and despair until the next cheat day!

I'm definitely gonna look into the TT system. This lil bike o' mine is becoming quite the money pit with all my woes. First, I had to change the primary out because I didn't like the Primo belt drive, plus a spacer fell out and rattled around the primary like a pin ball and wreaked havoc creating catastrophic clutch and compensator failure. So there was about $1400 in new parts, went with the Baker 9 plate street performance, got about 3 miles in and then BOOM! The thunderheader wants some attention.. so now I have to figure out a better way to mount it to the Baker trans. I'm looking at the speed kings mount..waiting on them to reply to an email. Upon looking at the sheared off exhaust mount bolts, we noticed the motor mount should be replaced..looks like I'll get off cheap with that one..I think I'll just stick to stock. Haven't been impressed with the glide pro reviews. Since I'm in there, why not stabilize the forks!? I was thinking about changing it completely to inverted forks with a dual caliper, but that's expensive and I'm tired of being boujee..it's expensive and I really just want to ride that bike because, I think it's my favorite!

But I really appreciate your help and advice grbrown. I'd buy you a beer if I could..(or a soda if you don't drink)

Old 08-13-2018, 01:14 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,031 Likes on 1,499 Posts

I don't know that there is a good solution for the dyna front mount; nothing seems to last or reduce vibration; stock might be the best option.

I can't comment on the Glide Pro front mount for a Dyna but do have some experience with various front mounts on my early FLHT. I have run the early and late OEM front mount and the Buell front mount on my '02 FLHT, all bore 107" motor. The early OEM was good, the replacement will vibrate for 500 to 1000 miles until "broken in" but, in my experience never settles in and acts like the early OEM mount. The Buell mount was much better but I went through two of them before figuring out the rubber was just too soft; rubber separated in both. The current Glide Pro front mount has been through at least two maybe three iterations with changes in compound, bolt size and torque spec. The current Glide Pro is very good with the latest compound, 1/2" bolt and low torque spec, less then 10 ft.lb. At idle the motor (124TQ) hardly moves and stops moving as throttle comes up past 2000rpms and there is absolutely no vibration. So, don't know how Glide Pro will perform in a dyna but it works great in a touring model.

Last edited by djl; 08-13-2018 at 01:18 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Stingray702 (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 01:37 PM
Stingray702
Road Master

Originally Posted by djl
I don't know that there is a good solution for the dyna front mount; nothing seems to last or reduce vibration; stock might be the best option.

I can't comment on the Glide Pro front mount for a Dyna but do have some experience with various front mounts on my early FLHT. I have run the early and late OEM front mount and the Buell front mount on my '02 FLHT, all bore 107" motor. The early OEM was good, the replacement will vibrate for 500 to 1000 miles until "broken in" but, in my experience never settles in and acts like the early OEM mount. The Buell mount was much better but I went through two of them before figuring out the rubber was just too soft; rubber separated in both. The current Glide Pro front mount has been through at least two maybe three iterations with changes in compound, bolt size and torque spec. The current Glide Pro is very good with the latest compound, 1/2" bolt and low torque spec, less then 10 ft.lb. At idle the motor (124TQ) hardly moves and stops moving as throttle comes up past 2000rpms and there is absolutely no vibration. So, don't know how Glide Pro will perform in a dyna but it works great in a touring model.
Thanks for your input! Now I'm back on the fence! I have heard it works good in FLH models..The FXR is a vibrating SOB, and it does smooth out at a higher RPM. I just didn't know if the $100 was worth it..it's really not that much in the grand scheme..so I think I'll give it a try and report back to this thread when all the mods are in place..I'll be sure to post pictures too.

Old 08-13-2018, 02:44 PM
RKGDCG03
Road Warrior

Received 535 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by djl

I concur with djl on the Glide Pro on a Touring platform. I have a RK with an all bore 107 the dyno's at 125/125. The Glide Pro works really well. I have the late version that has the large bolt and low torque. I would think it should work as well an the FXR.

The following users liked this post:
Stingray702 (08-13-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 02:45 PM
Stingray702
Road Master

Originally Posted by RKGDCG03
I concur with djl on the Glide Pro on a Touring platform. I have a RK with an all bore 107 the dyno's at 125/125. The Glide Pro works really well. I have the late version that has the large bolt and low torque. I would think it should work as well an the FXR.
I ordered it so we'll see..I think it's the same mount. As soon as I get it hooked up I'll be sure to leave a review in this thread.. Thanks for all your input!

Quick Reply: Glide Pro Motor Mounts