Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

THunderheaders 2-1 VERY HAPPY

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Road King Craig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default THunderheaders 2-1 VERY HAPPY

Men,
Put my Thunderheaders 2-1 exhaust&nbsp\\;with falsee on yesterday along &nbsp\\;with a Screamin eagle H/F Air cleaner and a Vance and Hines Fuel pack, The Thunderheaders set of heat shields fit&nbsp\\;had me throwin wrenches and cussin up a storm, the falsee din,t fit much better But with some time and patiences I got them on, installed the fuel Pack and then went for a Ride, WOW !!! What a sound !!! and the performance was awesome!&nbsp\\; the throttle response was incrediable and it made me forget the shitty fit instantly. For $875.00 including the falsee it was a great deal, would I do the Thunderheader again ??? YEP !!!! My 2008 FLHRC is a better running machine with that awesome H-D sound.
Tj

Old 06-22-2008, 04:56 PM
chad peterson
Road Master
Default RE: THunderheaders 2-1 VERY HAPPY

I started with a thunder header, and since have tried bassani road rage, and a fat cat, and then back to the thunder header, and never looked back!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2008, 05:28 PM
piperman
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From everything that I read, the ThunderHeader is really loud. Is this true or misleading?
I have been looking at them for my 06 Ultra.

Thanks,
Steve

Old 06-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Road King Craig
Cruiser

PIPERMAN,
Absolutely not !! I think they are just prefect, Loud eneough but tame, ,they do bark when ya get on it but hey A little loud is what makes a &nbsp\\;HARELY-DAVIDSON a HARELY -DAVIDSON , Ive heard quite a few Louder buit not sound better, Just yesterday I was visting a friend the wife and I ,and when we got to the house he said I knew it was you , and I asked How HE KNEW IT WAS ME ?? and he said&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;I have the deepest and throaty sounding bike around, wow I felt great and told him thats why I bought the THUNDERHEADERS, Like I said the fit was a little ruff and&nbsp\\; I had to tweek he AND there but the first ride made it all worth while, And I got them from Discount cycle parts The full system, with all the shields,and the falsee for less than $900.00.
Tj

Old 06-24-2008, 08:49 PM
chad peterson
Road Master

I couldn't agree more!&nbsp\\; They&nbsp\\;bark loud, but the sound of bark is very deep, clean, and absolutely addicting, and with a little motor work man does that idle sound great!!!!!&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;

Old 06-24-2008, 10:59 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

Yup Thunderheaders are the only way to go

Old 06-25-2008, 09:43 PM
dozerdogue
Intermediate

Thunderheaders do in my opinion sound the best for 2-1 pipes. &nbsp\\; I went with D&amp\\;D due to the fact they don't have quite as bad of a hp and tq drop at 2500rpm's.

Old 06-26-2008, 03:46 PM
markymark02
Tourer

the thunderheader has a deep tone but when you crack it , it really wakes up, just a great sounding pipe!!!!!!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:54 PM
beepo
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Loud?&nbsp\\; I had a friend with straight pipes that weren't as loud.&nbsp\\; Still, a pretty good sound.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\;There's no mistaking a Thunderheader.

Old 06-29-2008, 09:16 PM
wydopn231
Banned

thunder haeders have *** kicking sound.goor low rumble but man when you slam the go hand they wake the nieghborhood.Just ask the nieghbors within 1 mile raidus from me they can tell you.Yea I give us all bad name.
&nbsp\\; As for power Ive had few guys say they have big dip in middle of graph.I can rollout and at 15 slam the throttle and shell pick the front end a foot plus in 1st and second and a little bit in third.
&nbsp\\; Only real complaint is the finish s arent the best after running for while but if you have sheilds its no problem.

Quick Reply: THunderheaders 2-1 VERY HAPPY