Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Engine upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 10:01 AM
dmulkey
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine upgrade

I have a 2004 Electra Glide Classic that I had upgraded a few years ago. HD did the upgrade and installed race tuner, Screaming Eagle heads, 251 cam, and more. I already had Rhinehart duel exhaust. I still do not feel like I'm getting everything that I should from the engine and on top of that has much more top noise than before. I would like to quiten it down some (top end) and upgrade to maybe a 103, 107 or 110. I want more take off and top end speed & power. Any suggestions? Also any suggestions on a good "motor" guy around or close to Atlanta or Cumming, Swannee, Georgia area that I could get to do the work?

Old 03-03-2012, 11:02 AM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by dmulkey
I have a 2004 Electra Glide Classic that I had upgraded a few years ago. HD did the upgrade and installed race tuner, Screaming Eagle heads, 251 cam, and more. I already had Rhinehart duel exhaust. I still do not feel like I'm getting everything that I should from the engine and on top of that has much more top noise than before. I would like to quiten it down some (top end) and upgrade to maybe a 103, 107 or 110. I want more take off and top end speed & power. Any suggestions? Also any suggestions on a good "motor" guy around or close to Atlanta or Cumming, Swannee, Georgia area that I could get to do the work?
What's your budget for this project?

Old 03-03-2012, 11:03 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

one of the best motor guys around Atlanta is Kevin Baxter, he does a lot of HQs products but can do custom builds--call him 678-939-8029 -- he has built 4 motors for me and not one issue a little costly but you want it done correctly the first time

Old 03-03-2012, 04:22 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Mr. Kevin Baxter, of now "Baxter's Garage" Lawerenceville GA, is no longer "Pro-Twin Performance", and is no longer hooked in with HQ, as per MANY conversations, and several top-ends, with us.
We have a very professional relationship with him, and he is a true gentleman.
Tell him we sent you in his direction, as well.
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:22 PM
dmulkey
6th Gear

Hadn't really thought much about the budget yet. I'm looking for suggestions from someone on what would be the best options for for me to considet.

Old 03-03-2012, 04:24 PM
dmulkey
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Hillsidecycle.com
Mr. Kevin Baxter, of now "Baxter's Garage" Lawerenceville GA, is no longer "Pro-Twin Performance", and is no longer hooked in with HQ, as per MANY conversations, and several top-ends, with us.
We have a very professional relationship with him, and he is a true gentleman.
Tell him we sent you in his direction, as well.
Scott
Is he still at the same number? I will be sure to tell him you referred me to him also. Thanks.

Last edited by dmulkey; 03-03-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 PM
harley_jeff
Road Master
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Hadn't really thought much about the budget yet. I'm looking for suggestions from someone on what would be the best options for for me to considet.
There are almost limitless options in the H-D world. How much did you want to spend?

Old 03-03-2012, 09:43 PM
dmulkey
6th Gear

Originally Posted by harley_jeff
There are almost limitless options in the H-D world. How much did you want to spend?
Looking for the most, for the least, best option.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:46 AM
streetg131
Tourer

Double post

Last edited by streetg131; 03-04-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:56 AM
streetg131
Tourer

Don't know how far they are from you but Tman Performance is in NC. They are extremely well regarded in the HD performance world. Even if it took you a weekend trip to get your bike there it would be well worth it. Your other option would be to find a competent indy to pull your parts, send them out and install when returned. If you go that route your options open up to lots of shops. R+R, Hyperformance,Dewey's, Hillside, Dan Vance, Wfo,prodrag, Veetwin,GMR, the list goes on and on and for any I forgot forgive me. Check out some of these outfits websites. They can all set u up with whatever you need, mild to wild.

Quick Reply: Engine upgrade