General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Back Patch Question?

Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
stcrider07
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Patch Question?

I know this subject has been beat to death, but I don't feel like I fully understand. I know that a back patch symbolizes the colors of the MC that you belong to and for that reason it is not a smart idea to wear a back patch if you don't not belong to a club. My question is, does that belong to all back patches. When I got my Harley, before I had any knowledge of any of this, I bought a vest with a POW/MIA back patch that covers the entire back side of the vest. I got it because I am a Vet and I will never forget the fallen and/or the missing. I want to wear the vest more when I am out riding, but I don't want to do it if it is not right and if it will cause alot of grief if you know what I mean. I am still knew to all this, and if you could give me any insight on this matter I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you ahead of time.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Back Patch Question?

Most of the original bad asses of MC's were and are vets, I'd say you wouldn't have any problems. It's not like you are representing a MC with colors, It's like wearing the Flag on your back, says I'm a vet, I'm proud to be an American.
No worries.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wear it in good health, no problem there.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Bubba Zanetti
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 13,130 Likes on 5,586 Posts

As long as its not a 3 piece patch or a rival clubs patch you are OK. Most wont even give the POW patch a second look.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:12 PM
stcrider07
Cruiser

Thanks guys, thats what I thought but just wanted to make sure.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:31 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

you should be ok in all areas of the country wearing that patch as many if not all respect the vets and POW MIA symbol or logo and patch

if you really want to get an idea of how they respect it in your area wear it to your local COC meeting .... btw do you want to buy and pow flags ? I have some for sale in the store on my site

Old 04-11-2007, 10:59 PM
BigGeorge
Road Captain

A back patch is usually ok as long as it does not resemble any club patch or make reference to any club. Also you DO NOT want to sew on any MC patch as it now designates you as being in a club....................BG

Old 04-11-2007, 11:00 PM
05 Wd Gld
Tourer

ORIGINAL: boe1971200

As long as its not a 3 piece patch or a rival clubs patch you are OK. Most wont even give the POW patch a second look.
Ok I give up, why not a three piece patch. What the heck. As long as your not bothering anyone who cares if you have a three piece patch on your back? I have heard over and over that as long as your not bothering anyone else then they won't be bothering you. So what the heck is the deal with wearing a three piece patch.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:04 PM
jimbo21165
Banned

Crusher, I want to order aPOW flag.

On another topic, do any of ya'll think it would be in bad taste to fly the POW flag on a PGR mission ride?

Everytime I go watch the local high school football team play, they have the American flag, the state flag, and the POW flag to be paraded out before the game starts, and the prayer is said, and a moment of silence is given to the MIA and POW guys. I get a huge lump in my throat, and a tear or 2 slides down my cheek.....

Jim

Old 04-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Crushertx3
Road Warrior

Price to forum members is $10.00 ea for a 3ft x 5ft flag
I will pm you the adress to send a MO or I also accpt Pay pal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Back Patch Question?