General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG patch etiquette and instructions...

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 07:18 AM
Donald A
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The one I was given when I purchased my 04 RK found a home in the round file.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:26 AM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
Actually, every year when you renew, HOG sends you a bottom rocker with the year on it (this eyar is black and silver with spider webs) - have for many years. People all over America wear them every day.

Some people need to get a grip.
It's been a LONG time so I reserve the right to be wrong, but I believe the post you quoted may have come from from HD. Back in the previous century when I was a freshly minted piglet awaiting the arrival of my HOG magazine with great anticipation, I remember them publishing some rules about how and how not to wear your hog patches. The "never wear a bottom chevron" rings a bell, but at the time they were referring to the large back patch, not the little yearly updates. In fact, I think at that time they discouraged wearing the large back patch at all--but they still sold them.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:35 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Bligh
brenn, I like your signature quote but it doesn't seem to match up with wanting to avoid a good swat on the head with a purse from a Red Hat Lady.
Then you have a different definition of freedom than me or Ben Franklin. In my way of thinking, freedom is being free from government - but the less government you have, the more danger you have (hence, the reason we invented government to begin with). Avoiding unnecessary danger is the only way you can live in a free world - people who can't do that need government enforced safety, at the expense of freedom.

Somalia is one of the freeest countries in the world, but if you go there you have to be very, very careful who you **** off, sicne people who don't like you are just as free from government interference.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:34 AM
JohnT
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is NO rule book or etiquette standard for what you should do with all your Harley patches, pins, etc., any more than there are rules for where you should put all your tournament patches on your bowling shirt.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Heres a good one....
I saw a HOG member, who trying to look tuff, he had of those Silver Hammer pins on his vest....
Now what was he trying to tell people, Im a tough HOG....?

Old 04-30-2011, 10:01 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I believe the op is pointing out that hog patches should never resemble a 1% layout.
I know of a local HOG chapter that has there patches arranged in a 1% fashion on the back, with a city rocker on the bottom.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:48 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff08fxdc
Heres a good one....
I saw a HOG member, who trying to look tuff, he had of those Silver Hammer pins on his vest....
Now what was he trying to tell people, Im a tough HOG....?
Not familiar with a "silver hammer pin" - what is it?

However, being a HOG member doesn't mean he's NOT tough - maybe even tougher than anybody you ever met in a 1%er club (heck, it doesn't even mean he's not in a 1% club). I'd bet, if we could count it, there's more people in HOG that have been shot, blown up, stabbed, and have killed a boat load of folks, than in any outlaw club - they are just more likely to do it in a foreign country and not in connection to riding motorcycles.

The following users liked this post:
wombat457 (05-16-2022)
Old 04-30-2011, 11:01 AM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
Not familiar with a "silver hammer pin" - what is it?

However, being a HOG member doesn't mean he's NOT tough - maybe even tougher than anybody you ever met in a 1%er club (heck, it doesn't even mean he's not in a 1% club). I'd bet, if we could count it, there's more people in HOG that have been shot, blown up, stabbed, and have killed a boat load of folks, than in any outlaw club - they are just more likely to do it in a foreign country and not in connection to riding motorcycles.

And just what HOG would you be talking about? The HOG I know is not like that....or at least they don't talk about it.

Thank you for your services.

Last edited by arcticharleyman; 04-30-2011 at 11:02 AM. Reason: I'm slow this morning.
Old 04-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

A Hammer pin is a pin that looks like a Ball peen, hammer.
And to me a HOG member wearing something like that is about as bad as a Cop club having a 3 piece patch....
And yes a lot of HOG members a vets....
Maybe tough was not the right word....excuse the Hell out of me....
A HOG member wearing something like that, Is I guess what would be called an oxymoron, opposite if ya will....
It all boils down to, if ya need an explanation....!!

Old 04-30-2011, 06:42 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

The best place for a H.O.G. patch would be buried in a junk drawer in your house.

Quick Reply: HOG patch etiquette and instructions...