General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paul Yaffe Bars..

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 08:01 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts
Default Paul Yaffe Bars..

My buddy is looking to purchase Paul yaffe bars for his Street Glide. Any recommendations on where to get them at a good price? Seems like 399 is the going rate for black bagger bars 10 inch

Old 11-20-2016, 02:55 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
My buddy is looking to purchase Paul yaffe bars for his Street Glide. Any recommendations on where to get them at a good price? Seems like 399 is the going rate for black bagger bars 10 inch
Honestly, there are better products out there that look about the same for less money. Yaffe's bars are made in China (or were as of the last time I installed a set for a buddy...). If he is not completely sold on those, check out Wild 1. There are others too but the name escapes me at the moment. If he decides to go with Yaffe bars, he will probably be paying full price and I'd suggest he makes sure they are actually in stock when he orders them. Lots of folks are drop shipping them and they aren't always getting them to the customer in timely manner.

Old 11-20-2016, 08:07 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Thanks for the info. I already led him to wild1 bars. He didn't bite.

Old 11-20-2016, 09:30 AM
MURPHCC1
Club Member
Received 2,791 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Got mine from Hill.......cables already installed and new switch's and chit.......which is a bitch to do........more money, but they come with everything for a great install....
http://www.hillcountrycustomcycles.com/

Old 11-20-2016, 09:47 AM
KnarleyHarley
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues

I agree on better bars out there other than PY...
Have him look at 1:Factory 47/ 2:Vindikta / 3:FMB Chopper parts / 4:HB-3Torch custom / 5:HHI RG RK Reaper bars-Vindictive wayz....All are a better choice, he'll get 1.5" bars instead of 1-1/4" bars, a bit more costly but worth it!
I personally went with 14" Factory 47 Assault bars and enjoy them!!

The following users liked this post:
pardus (05-03-2019)
Old 11-20-2016, 10:52 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,664 Likes on 2,675 Posts

I have the 12" Yaffe's and they are the most comfortable bars I've sat behind. Hard to find them at a discount and this is the first I've heard of them being made in China.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:00 AM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
I have the 12" Yaffe's and they are the most comfortable bars I've sat behind. Hard to find them at a discount and this is the first I've heard of them being made in China.
Unless something has changed recently, they are Chinese. Honestly, that alone doesn't make them lesser quality. These days lots of stuff come from China. Most of it is decent. I just prefer to support American companies where possible.

Old 11-20-2016, 11:00 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Great help. I passed this all on to him. Wild 1's are now on top. He's looking at the other suggestions too.

Old 11-20-2016, 04:25 PM
CVO SG
Road Warrior
Received 252 Likes on 205 Posts

Put 10" YMB on my last 2 bikes and really like them. Not worried about the China made label. If that was the case, I wouldn't be buying any OEM HD accessories.

Old 11-20-2016, 06:07 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1
Got mine from Hill.......cables already installed and new switch's and chit.......which is a bitch to do........more money, but they come with everything for a great install....
http://www.hillcountrycustomcycles.com/
For a while back they were having problems with quality, shipping on time and including the right size cables. Have they gotten their act together?

Quick Reply: Paul Yaffe Bars..