General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 06:11 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
Daytona Bike Crash:
....... wtf ?
............ a pile of motorcycles on the side of the road does not look good

Old 03-12-2018, 07:52 PM
mo cajun
Road Captain
Received 134 Likes on 83 Posts

Rain wasn’t that bad, hope everyone is OK

Old 03-12-2018, 07:55 PM
Bestrafen
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 518 Likes on 267 Posts

It's not as it appears. A dumbass was haulin *** and clipped a mini van and went off the edge of the road and smacked half a dozen bikes Pee wee Herman style.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:52 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Bestrafen
It's not as it appears. A dumbass was haulin *** and clipped a mini van and went off the edge of the road and smacked half a dozen bikes Pee wee Herman style.

That's what I heard too.
I understand it took place at Mike's Corner Bar, just east of New Smyrna Speedway on Rte 44. If so, that's the same general area where Ron Luznar, owner of the Cabbage Patch, was killed a year and half ago.
No one does anywhere near the speed limit on that stretch of road, especially when trying to beat the light at Tomoka Farms Rd.
Haven't heard or seen anything else about bad accidents involving bikes.
Weather is supposed to warm up nicely further into the week.
Ride safe out there!

Old 03-13-2018, 07:55 AM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy

That's what I heard too.
I understand it took place at Mike's Corner Bar, just east of New Smyrna Speedway on Rte 44. If so, that's the same general area where Ron Luznar, owner of the Cabbage Patch, was killed a year and half ago.
No one does anywhere near the speed limit on that stretch of road, especially when trying to beat the light at Tomoka Farms Rd.
Haven't heard or seen anything else about bad accidents involving bikes.
Weather is supposed to warm up nicely further into the week.
Ride safe out there!
I'll be there Monday the 19th when the bike weekers are gone. Then it's time to stop at the little hole in the wall (that will remain nameless from here on) on S. Beach St. we discussed in the other thread!
Looks like snow most of the week here. I'll be glad to get out.

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-13-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:03 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by 2goldens
I'll be there Monday the 19th when the bike weekers are gone. Then it's time to stop at the little hole in the wall (that will remain nameless from here on) on S. Beach St. we discussed in the other thread!
Looks like snow most of the week here. I'll be glad to get out.
Probably a good choice of time.
I like that little bar.
Might drop in to meet you.

The following users liked this post:
2goldens (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 08:27 AM
Architect
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,935 Likes on 2,569 Posts

Rain was done by about 2 PM. We rode from the beach up to Destination Harley to put the Shovel in the AMCA show at the Pavilion for 10 AM. Worked out pretty good, we were a little wet by the time we got there, but the bike was parked under the pavilion roof. Spent the wet hours walking the vendors and getting some lunch. Later sun came out and then all the people came out. By then my jeans were dry, found the backrest pad I needed from Mustang and got to talk to some guys about their bikes.

Pulled out around 3:30 and went down the road to Iron Horse for the 4 PM free beer and David Allan Coe. Good time was had by all. It is cool now but the sun is out. Very windy last night but still much better then the snow at home.

Old 03-13-2018, 09:55 AM
Wam
Tourer
Received 61 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow, I had saw that and I thought the bikes we're involved in the accident, not sitting and got hit. Glad to know that they were not riding.
Allen

Old 03-13-2018, 06:02 PM
2goldens
HDF Community Team
Received 303 Likes on 207 Posts

There was a FB post on radio station The Hog's page today about that big wreck. One person says it was a crash caused by a motorist with a medical issue.
Another guy says it was staged to raise awareness of bikers. Who the hell knows?

Old 03-13-2018, 07:00 PM
Hammerhead Pat
Stellar HDF Member
Received 892 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Architect
Rain was done by about 2 PM. We rode from the beach up to Destination Harley to put the Shovel in the AMCA show at the Pavilion for 10 AM. Worked out pretty good, we were a little wet by the time we got there, but the bike was parked under the pavilion roof. Spent the wet hours walking the vendors and getting some lunch. Later sun came out and then all the people came out. By then my jeans were dry, found the backrest pad I needed from Mustang and got to talk to some guys about their bikes.

Pulled out around 3:30 and went down the road to Iron Horse for the 4 PM free beer and David Allan Coe. Good time was had by all. It is cool now but the sun is out. Very windy last night but still much better then the snow at home.
Was at the Iron Horse on Sat and saw Cold Cash( or something like that), a Johnny Cash tribute band. Not really a Cash fan but those guys killed it, I highly recommend if you get the chance...

Quick Reply: Bike Week