General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DUI Driver drives 5 miles with HD under car

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 05:23 AM
nobodyknowsme
Banned

Received 14,658 Likes on 6,424 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMikeFish
On the 28th, my stepmothers son was hit in Springhill Fla by a woman doing an estimated 75 plus mph. He was stopped at a light. He is out of the hospital but his passenger is still in ICU.
Come on OP, you post the above with a clear conscience and expect not to be called out? And I like what Dickey said comparing the place to NY. I have been to both places, and just a place or couple more.

Old 01-04-2019, 06:39 AM
DonnieM
Road Captain

Received 201 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by MrMikeFish
I bet many of the negative comments are coming from cold climate riders and have never rode 19 through the Springhill area. The drivers down there can get crazy at times. Ya.....I looked for news coverage and there was none, only the booking of the car driver. Yet, when my father had his 2500 RAM stolen in Springhill it never made Headline News, CNN, or FOX. JS.
1ST, I am glad that the Riders are OK and Drunk Granny went to jail.

For the OP: you have to admit that the incident (when first posted) seemed far fetched with no credible news piece done on it. Bay News 9 will typically cover a story like this in their county by county news online.. The only news source is realnewsfaster.com which has 323 online subscribers while the population of Spring Hill alone is close to 100,000 alone, not including the remaining 86,000 of Hernando County or over 525,000 in Pasco County that it allegedly services.

As a few others have stated, I ride US 19 into Spring Hill all of the time and it is not as bad as you claim. Go into Pasco, Pinellas and Hillsborough counties and you are taking your life into your own hands with all of the non-driving individuals down there (I left out the explicit descriptions) Many riders in those counties come to Hernando and Citrus counties on the weekends to ride and avoid the rat race down there.

Old 01-04-2019, 10:13 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by uncle kebo
Grow up - Its a matter of supplying the truth or not... From being rear ended last year in a similar circumstance, yeah, maybe I have a strong opin. END OF THE DAY - you know this well, bullshit gets called out. Period. Go cry in your Wheaties now.. Go on... Rearended at 75 - this is a bit over the top. Dragged 5 miles, way over the top.. Please dont respond to the threads and go join the tea forum.. There nice there.. you can discuss caffeine counts... After being hit at a stop from a car going 30, and 3 surgeries later - Im seeing 75mph - are you kidding - that guy should have been spackle. If you want to stand up for bullshit - thats your prerogative, not mine or most people here. No sissies in this sand box...

Oh the crap show was the BULLSHIT not the response. People including myself wished his family well as NO ONE deserves to be hit but dont lie... Dont over dramatize to draw attention. THATS not cool... Welcome to the crap show.. .

Lets agree to disagree and leave it at that.

I was taught to think before I act. I was waiting for more information to come through before I would respond but I guess the knee-jerk reaction is to refute the story and forget about the victims.

The following users liked this post:
Haarley (01-04-2019)
Old 01-04-2019, 01:52 PM
Haarley
Road Master
Received 387 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
I was taught to think before I act. I was waiting for more information to come through before I would respond but I guess the knee-jerk reaction is to refute the story and forget about the victims.
Yep. That's what it looks like.