General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOG website question/problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 04:29 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 211 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by cacomly
I believe to register you need to be listed on the chapter charter AND it needs to be current. Double check with the officers (I believe the Secretary?) to confirm that you are listed on the current charter and that it was renewed on January 1st which I believe is when they all expired.

Re-reading your email I see that a friend has the option on his account. I'm assuming he is in the same chapter. If so, confirm you are listed on the current charter
Originally Posted by Moe55
You have to be registered as an officer with HOG (national) to be able to access the things you are looking for. They may not have updated everything after the first of the year yet?. Have one of your chapter officers verify that your name is on HOG's list of officers.

Thanks guys, that’s just what was going on. I was made the road captain but never added to HOG. Got that all figured out and good to go. Thanks again

Old 01-15-2019, 10:42 AM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

The chapter I'm in doesn't register it's Road Captains as officers. What do Road Captains have access to. I believe the Head Road Captain is registered.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:01 PM
cacomly
Road Master
Received 585 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by prostar
The chapter I'm in doesn't register it's Road Captains as officers. What do Road Captains have access to. I believe the Head Road Captain is registered.
It depends on the chapter. If added as officers they'd likely have access to all the stuff the other officers have such as the ability to verify member's HOG membership and self register for HOT training. There were also Officer newsletters from Corporate which were mainly their explaining different benefits and suggesting they be explained to other members. I haven't been an officer in a Chapter for over a year so I've forgotten everything they had access to.

The following users liked this post:
prostar (01-15-2019)