General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley chopper

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 10:24 PM
NCBANDIT
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
Owning a "store-bought Chopper " is like the guy that bought a print of a Rembrandt.
He sets it up on the easel, gets out his paints, puts on an apron and brush.
He stands there in the glory of the morning sun on the corner, and passers-by look at awe and wonder thinking he is the artist at work.
A great one!
All the while he knows he is a fking fake and could not tell anyone what a decent canvas looks like much less even paint a hair as good as Rembrandt did.
If you own a store-bought Chop, you are a counterfeit poser, like the wannabee artist above,
You dont have a clue about the soul of the vehicle you attempt to sit your **** on.
You could not even Thread a blind hole.
Accept the fact you are a full-blown plastic poser.
WITH NO CLUES.
oohhh!! Why dont you tell us what you think big guy? Oh wait!! No one really cares. Did you forget to wipe or something?

Old 02-13-2019, 12:20 AM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by 6 gun
I think the old early 2000s Harley Wide Glide was Harleys attempt at the 70s chopper, and the Rocker was there attempt at the modern day chopper, and both are Gone, but the Wide Glide sure lasted longer than the Rocker did.
i thought harleys attempt at the chopper was the FXSTC.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:42 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

Originally Posted by NCBANDIT
oohhh!! Why dont you tell us what you think big guy? Oh wait!! No one really cares. Did you forget to wipe or something?
Struck the nerve did I not?
The illustration is purrfect and no one here was targeted.
But you poked your heads up, right on Q!
LOL

Old 02-13-2019, 12:43 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

You seem to care.
Thank you.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:07 AM
lonesum
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 325 Likes on 217 Posts

Harley should add a real chopper to the lineup. I'm talking a serious long wheel base with the new 114 engine. I would buy one for sure and I think it would sell well.

If Honda can sell enough Furys to make them as long as they have a Harley chopper would surely be successful enough to make it worth while.

Thoughts?
Why not just build your own? HD builds for the masses, chopper riders build their own.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:10 AM
Dehammer
Elite HDF Member
Received 2,667 Likes on 1,348 Posts

Even if I welded up my own frame from tubing, and I'll get around to doing that someday, I wouldn't call myself a biker. Never really cared about labels or measuring up to the standards of others.

Speaking of.....where does one get drawings or CAD files for frames. I have yet to find anything very useful. I've toyed with the idea of a rigid rubber mounted frame with an Evo touring drive train.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:16 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by Dehammer
Even if I welded up my own frame from tubing, and I'll get around to doing that someday, I wouldn't call myself a biker. Never really cared about labels or measuring up to the standards of others.

Speaking of.....where does one get drawings or CAD files for frames. I have yet to find anything very useful. I've toyed with the idea of a rigid rubber mounted frame with an Evo touring drive train.
Been done, somebody was selling a hardtail frame in the late 80's for FLT & FXR drivetrains. Off the shelf custom frame frame prints I doubt you find, factory manual used to have a spec sheet for the older 4 speed frames but the moco quit that in later years for liability issues.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:36 AM
NCBANDIT
Tourer
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by lonesum
Why not just build your own? HD builds for the masses, chopper riders build their own.
No desire to spend hundreds if not thousands of hours building a bike. I have other hobby's that I prefer to spend my free time on. Does that mean I can't have a bike with long forks? I think not. To some I would be a poser, but to me I would just be riding a bike with long forks that I enjoy. And to the frowned faced onlookers.

So at what fork length does someone have to build their own to get the precious approval of the "chopper riders build their own group".

When I see a bike like the wideglide on the showroom floor, do I need to measure the fork length. Oh No!! The forks are too long, I need to go home and make this. Come on!!

And for those who will say a true chopper is where you chop the frame- blah blah blah. I hear ya!! Maybe I used the wrong wording and should have said "Harley should come out with a bike with extremely long forks".

Old 02-13-2019, 09:11 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

No desire to spend hundreds if not thousands of hours building a bike. I have other hobby's that I prefer to spend my free time on. Does that mean I can't have a bike with long forks? I think not. To some I would be a poser, but to me I would just be riding a bike with long forks that I enjoy. And to the frowned faced onlookers.

So at what fork length does someone have to build their own to get the precious approval of the "chopper riders build their own group".

When I see a bike like the wideglide on the showroom floor, do I need to measure the fork length. Oh No!! The forks are too long, I need to go home and make this. Come on!!

And for those who will say a true chopper is where you chop the frame- blah blah blah. I hear ya!! Maybe I used the wrong wording and should have said "Harley should come out with a bike with extremely long forks".

So put some long forks on your tricycle, start a trend.

Factory will never make a serious long bike as been said several times it's a liability issue their legal department won't touch.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:35 AM
beanoboy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 814 Likes on 498 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingglide549
Owning a "store-bought Chopper " is like the guy that bought a print of a Rembrandt.
He sets it up on the easel, gets out his paints, puts on an apron and brush.
He stands there in the glory of the morning sun on the corner, and passers-by look at awe and wonder thinking he is the artist at work.
A great one!
All the while he knows he is a fking fake and could not tell anyone what a decent canvas looks like much less even paint a hair as good as Rembrandt did.
If you own a store-bought Chop, you are a counterfeit poser, like the wannabee artist above,
You dont have a clue about the soul of the vehicle you attempt to sit your **** on.
You could not even Thread a blind hole.
Accept the fact you are a full-blown plastic poser.
WITH NO CLUES.
You know you have just lost a lot of respect after posting this rant !...b.

The following users liked this post:
NCBANDIT (02-13-2019)

Quick Reply: Harley chopper