General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which headset

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 10:11 PM
1986gbody
Intermediate
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Hope I’m not hijacking the thread, but do most of these systems work with each other or is it brand to brand?

Old 06-25-2019, 12:43 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by lowriderr9
Mine has never lasted that long. Maybe 4 hours and that's about it. My Sena has no bass at all. I don't listen to the radio any when I am riding by myself. I find it irritating. After I first got it I read on some of the forums other people thought the same thing. I actually talked to Sena about it. Maybe some different speakers. All we use it for as a intercom. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had know it has a irreplaceable battery. If i do buy another set I will make sure of this. Can you replace the battery on your 10s? By the way, nice bikes.
Thanks about the bikes. Sena does not replace batteries but there are some DIY tutorials online on how to change a battery in a Sena headset. Here's one link I saw. Also, you can increase your bass and treble from your Smartphone. I have an iPhone and I just go to settings, to music, to EQ. My phone has all types of settings....bass boost, treble boost etc.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:46 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 1986gbody
Hope I’m not hijacking the thread, but do most of these systems work with each other or is it brand to brand?
My Sena 10S can communicate with other brands. Not all do though. You have to make are it has the universal intercom feature.

Old 06-26-2019, 08:09 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,125 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Originally Posted by JekyllnHyde
My Sena 10S can communicate with other brands. Not all do though. You have to make are it has the universal intercom feature.
Sena peaked with the SMH10, the rest of their units since then have been crap.

I've gone through a Sean SMH10R, 30K, 20S EVO, and my current 10S. None of them had good bass or enough volume to use with ear plugs. Only time I got halfway decent audio was using ear buds or plug phones. I got the 10S to fit my Bell helmet, but the specific adapter I had to buy for $70 extra didn't work. If the rest of the guys I ride with didn't have Sena's I'd send my 10S back to Amazon.

And not to mention Sena's customer service SUCKS and is very un-responsive and won't do anything for you.

Last edited by VAFish; 06-26-2019 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:14 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by VAFish
Sena peaked with the SMH10, the rest of their units since then have been crap.

I've gone through a Sean SMH10R, 30K, 20S EVO, and my current 10S. None of them had good bass or enough volume to use with ear plugs. Only time I got halfway decent audio was using ear buds or plug phones. I got the 10S to fit my Bell helmet, but the specific adapter I had to buy for $70 extra didn't work. If the rest of the guys I ride with didn't have Sena's I'd send my 10S back to Amazon.

And not to mention Sena's customer service SUCKS and is very un-responsive and won't do anything for you.
I have to disagree. I've had my 10S for over 3 years now and never had any issues. I wear ear plugs when I ride too and I can hear my speakers perfectly fine. Maybe if you readjust the placement of your speakers in your helmet you'll get better sound. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, you can adjust your bass and treble from your smart phone if you need more bass. Are you sure you bought or received the correct adapter? They have different ones for the SMH10R and the 10S.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:42 PM
sire86
Tourer
Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Can any of the sena units be used with out the mike ? Looking for just music and gps.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:55 AM
lowriderr9
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Which headset

Like I said. I want to but a replacement battery and replace it myself. If I screw them up I will buy some type of headset. I don't have anything to lose except the cost of the batteries. I talked to Sena yesterday. The guy said he would find out about a replacement battery. I told him if I could get one I would replace it.
Once again the battery number I saw one is

XK 423040 140609
450 mah 3.7V 1.66wh
In anyone knows who might sell something like this please let me know. I hope to hear from Sena but I don't know. Thanks. Ride Safe

Old 06-27-2019, 10:11 AM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

I have to disagree. I've had my 10S for over 3 years now and never had any issues. I wear ear plugs when I ride too and I can hear my speakers perfectly fine. Maybe if you readjust the placement of your speakers in your helmet you'll get better sound. And as I mentioned in an earlier post, you can adjust your bass and treble from your smart phone if you need more bass. Are you sure you bought or received the correct adapter? They have different ones for the SMH10R and the 10S.

Yes tried all that, you sound like Sena Tech support but you forgot to tell me to turn it of and on again, then do a factory reset.

And my smart phone is a Galaxy 5, haven't found any adjustments for bass and treble on it.

Old 06-27-2019, 03:49 PM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by VAFish
Yes tried all that, you sound like Sena Tech support but you forgot to tell me to turn it of and on again, then do a factory reset.

And my smart phone is a Galaxy 5, haven't found any adjustments for bass and treble on it.
LOL maybe I should get a job at Sena, but then again, I did forget to tell you to turn it off and on. I know it sucks when you drop good money and something doesn't work right for you. It's happened to me to with other products. On my iPhone I just go tosettings, then to music, to EQ to increase the bass. Not sure if it's similar on the Galaxy.

Old 06-27-2019, 08:22 PM
VAFish
Grand HDF Member

LOL maybe I should get a job at Sena, but then again, I did forget to tell you to turn it off and on. I know it sucks when you drop good money and something doesn't work right for you. It's happened to me to with other products. On my iPhone I just go tosettings, then to music, to EQ to increase the bass. Not sure if it's similar on the Galaxy.

You are over qualified, you respond too quickly.

The following users liked this post:
JekyllnHyde (06-27-2019)

Quick Reply: Which headset