General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which headset

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 12:16 PM
lowriderr9
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Which headset

I have a Sena SPH10H-Fm headset. Have never really been satisfied with it. To much wind noise and my wife sounds like she is talking through a pipe or something plus I have never gotten the talk time they advertised when it was new. I have had it for about four years. We rode yesterday and I got about three and a half hours out of hers. Mine was still working. Sena says it is a irreplaceable battery. So I guess when the batteries get bad you have to buy another set. I did find one forum that the guy says he changed the battery in his. He shows the battery in a photo but doesn't say where he got it. Looked like to me it just plugged in. I can't remember exactly what I paid but I am thinking it was around 350.00. If I cant find a battery what are some good headsets for a half helmet. It is very aggravating that you can't change the battery. Thanks

Old 06-23-2019, 04:07 PM
FatboysFatboy96
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 32,874 Likes on 7,720 Posts

The wife and I love the H-D wired headsets. I can talk to her without turning my head, she says I sound clear. We both listen to music either from my phone or radio.
I found a 3.3 mm to 7 pin adapter plug on Amazon because when we wear our half helmets she just puts in ear buds so she can hear me and if she needs to say something she just whispers in my ear.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:13 PM
tajar66
Tourer
Received 112 Likes on 74 Posts

I just bought the Cardo with JBL and am satisfied. I haven’t figured it all out but music sounds decent and I can take calls that are very clear. The other end couldn’t tell I was on bike bike.

The following users liked this post:
DanRC (07-01-2019)
Old 06-23-2019, 04:50 PM
Spartanden
Club Member

Received 8,250 Likes on 6,010 Posts

I have the Cardo unit and use Sony ear buds with my half helmet. These fit in my ear canal and i have used these with my I-Pod for years. On my 3/4 helmet i have the JBL speakers in the ear well. Both of these units plug into the Cardo... Both seem to work well, but have not used on a long trip yet. Will happen this weekend. If your Sena has the 3.5 mm plug, you should be able to use some ear buds..... good luck!!!

Old 06-23-2019, 06:55 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Originally Posted by tajar66
I just bought the Cardo with JBL and am satisfied. I haven’t figured it all out but music sounds decent and I can take calls that are very clear. The other end couldn’t tell I was on bike bike.
Cardo Bold JBL, same experience here.

Old 06-24-2019, 07:51 AM
lowriderr9
Cruiser

Does anyone know where I can get a battery for my headset. I saw on another site where a guy had changed his battery and showed a picture of it but didn't say where he got it. It had XK 423040 140609
450mah 3.7v 1.66wh
I know they sell them somewhere and Sena buys them but they don't want you to change them apparently. Mine is way out of warranty so what the heck. Thanks

Old 06-24-2019, 08:41 AM
One Wire
Road Captain

Received 359 Likes on 212 Posts

Originally Posted by tajar66
Originally Posted by OldMike
Cardo Bold JBL, same experience here.
Yeah, I got the Cardo PakTalk Slim for my wife and me. It came with the JBL speakers, and they sound good for their size. The intercom works well, too. I answer phone calls when it is important, and they do not know that I am on my motorcycle, either. Good stuff.

Old 06-24-2019, 09:37 AM
JekyllnHyde
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 250 Likes on 146 Posts

I'm surprised you don't like your Sena. I have the 10S and a buddy has the Sena SPH10H-Fm. We do 7 to 8 hour rides and neither of us have had any issues with sound quality or battery life. We both listen to music and keep them on during the entire ride. I don't have any experience with other bluetooth units but I'm very happy with my Sena.

The following users liked this post:
Irego (07-01-2019)
Old 06-24-2019, 09:40 PM
lowriderr9
Cruiser

Mine has never lasted that long. Maybe 4 hours and that's about it. My Sena has no bass at all. I don't listen to the radio any when I am riding by myself. I find it irritating. After I first got it I read on some of the forums other people thought the same thing. I actually talked to Sena about it. Maybe some different speakers. All we use it for as a intercom. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had know it has a irreplaceable battery. If i do buy another set I will make sure of this. Can you replace the battery on your 10s? By the way, nice bikes.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:00 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member
Received 657 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by lowriderr9
Does anyone know where I can get a battery for my headset. I saw on another site where a guy had changed his battery and showed a picture of it but didn't say where he got it. It had XK 423040 140609
450mah 3.7v 1.66wh
I know they sell them somewhere and Sena buys them but they don't want you to change them apparently. Mine is way out of warranty so what the heck. Thanks
Try googling all those numbers and see what you get. Also possibly Grainger or McMaster Carr.

Quick Reply: Which headset